Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Netsdaily section at the rock

Discuss tickets, seating, fan meet-ups, etc.

Netsdaily section at the rock

Postby valdu08 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm

Lets continue our discussion about this project on the forum::

Forget the Bud Lite Party Zone, we need a NetsDaily seating section at the Rock. Maybe we could all donate $X.00 to make it happen. Maybe the Nets could give out tickets to that section through NetsDaily.com somehow (NI that would be all you). I mean, we are the largest and most passionate percentage of the fanbase. If anybody should be getting free tickets it's us, and it would be cool to see the team connect with their fanbase this way. Thoughts?

Bring your ideas and propositions.
valdu08

Re: Netsdaily section at the rock

Postby GMJ » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but how do you really think this is going to go?

Maybe we could all donate $X.00 to make it happen. Maybe the Nets could give out tickets to that section through NetsDaily.com somehow

The amount we donate is going to be the price of the ticket, and the team can send us the tickets the current way they do with paying customers. At best, I think we could get a discounted group rate, if that's how they do things.

Why am I such a party pooper? Because even with Deron Williams the Nets still fight to fill seats, and there's no way they're going to just give free tickets to the one demographic that is actually interested in going to games! :)
GMJ

Postby Joey FistPump » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:13 pm

I would be down for trying to get a game in with everyone. Maybe Netsdaily t-shirt with our forum names across the back. Get enough people and we could probably make a statement about our fanbase.
Joey FistPump

Postby valdu08 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:16 pm

My idea is that we do like the bucks did::
They chose the european way, by organizing a kop (i don't know if this word exists in english) where the louder and crazier fan are all gathered.

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't ask anything to the nets at the beginning. Let's show them how we a do it, how loud we are and after that maybe they would be more willing to accept something.

It's not my idea but I find it very good.
valdu08

Postby valdu08 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:16 pm

Joey FistPump wrote:I would be down for trying to get a game in with everyone. Maybe Netsdaily t-shirt with our forum names across the back. Get enough people and we could probably make a statement about our fanbase.

The golden state website (goldenstateofmind.com) do it 5 or 6 times a year and it works incredibly well.
valdu08

Postby canofan42 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

I'm definitely willing to donate/pay/do whatever a reasonable amount in NetsDaily's name for tickets. I also would be interested in a NetsDaily t-shirt if they were made.
canofan42

Postby valdu08 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Our section would bethe place where, even if you come to 2 games in the season, you know you will have only netsdaily fans or at least people willing to bring support to their team. It would be a sort of netsdaily "camp"
valdu08

Postby canofan42 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:20 pm

valdu08 wrote:Our section would bethe place where, even if you come to 2 games in the season, you know you will have only netsdaily fans or at least people willing to bring support to their team. It would be a sort of netsdaily "camp"

What if NetsDaily people can't come to a game, then that section would be empty? I'm not sure if that would work exactly.
canofan42

Postby danxcr` » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

WOW, i am down. But want good seats, i drive way too far to sit in bad seats :(
danxcr`

Postby valdu08 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:25 pm

It would not be booked by the nets for netsdaily. It's where we all Know That if we go there we won't be alone.
valdu08

Postby danxcr` » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

T-shirts would be awesome! So when i walk around the arena we can say SUP SUP fellow NET FAN!
danxcr`

Postby canofan42 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

I think if we could get possibly lower level seats anywhere, that would be awesome. It may not be doable, but if it is, it would be great.
canofan42

Postby D-Lightning » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:27 pm

im down for this, i dont have many friends that are into basketball so some times i dont have anyone to catch a game with. It would be cool to sit in a section with forum members.
D-Lightning

Postby canofan42 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 pm

D-Lightning wrote:im down for this, i dont have many friends that are into basketball so some times i dont have anyone to catch a game with. It would be cool to sit in a section with forum members.

I'm on the same boat. All of my friends that know something about basketball are Knicks or Lakers fans or something. It'd be nice to converse with someone knowledgeable & with the same team allegiance.
canofan42

Postby DJHD » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm

it would be a great idea. I live in FL but I would buy tickets for when I am in the area for games.
I wouls also buy a Netsdaily TShirt
DJHD

Postby D-Lightning » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:44 pm

i think we should definitely get this t-shirt idea rolling, would be fun to spot members at games and say hi.
D-Lightning

Postby JohnFromLongIsland » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Ha, I had no idea the forum carried over after the sbnation switch.... Anyway. I'm in the same boat! None of my friends that are basketball fans are Nets fans. I think having a specific section for netsdaily fans is a little difficult to put together. Now that there's an "At the Game" forum area, we could try to coordinate buying tickets in the same section. I usually don't buy my tickets til a day or two before the game anyway. Looking for Clips/Nets tickets for next Friday now... Anybody else thinking of going?
JohnFromLongIsland

Postby elonepb » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm down with this, even though I have season tickets. I really do think there should be a lower level section for a good amount of games that are given to NetsDaily fans.

Even if it's only 25 - 35 tickets, that section will be required to make noise most of the game. The defense chants start there. The DER-ON chants start there.

Doesn't some European player for Milwaukee or Minnesota do this for a section of the lower level?

It really would need to be the lower level. Corner preferably, highest rows that aren't sold out.
elonepb

Postby robot214 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Lol we should like sign a petition and send it to the Nets office. Make a Netsdaily section that we pay discounted tickets for. And to prevent random signups for discounted tickets, they can make it so that like people have to post a certain amount of times (say 1000-2000+) to be able to get the discounted tickets. I would be all for this!
robot214

Postby GMJ » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 pm

robot214 wrote:Lol we should like sign a petition and send it to the Nets office. Make a Netsdaily section that we pay discounted tickets for. And to prevent random signups for discounted tickets, they can make it so that like people have to post a certain amount of times (say 1000-2000+) to be able to get the discounted tickets. I would be all for this!

Yeah that'll happen.

"We really really really need to sell tickets, but you can't buy any because your post count is low."
"My what?"
GMJ

Next

Return to At the Game