Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Recognizing Nets fans

Discuss tickets, seating, fan meet-ups, etc.

Recognizing Nets fans

Postby Dundee_Net » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 am

I have a minor gripe about us Nets fans. This has been re-iterated to me by the two topics regarding the Knicks game and the NetsDaily section (esp the comment by the German Nets fan).

When I go to a football (or soccer as you guys call it - a word that never sounds right coming out of my mouth) match back home, 90+% of the crowd have on their club colours in some way (hat, scarf, shirt etc) and it looks great. When I go to a Nets game, the people wearing Nets gear cant even co-ordinate: white or red or blue or grey etc. When I was at that disgraceful Nets away/Knicks home game at the Rock you could see the Knicks fans in their blue and orange; it was distinctive and it added to the overall embarrassment of being in our arena and watching our team get booed.

Is there any way we can start a campaign to get everyone to wear red to a game. Obviously it doesnt even need to be a Nets tee/sweater but just red. Especially for the Knicks game on the 8th April. I think we should create a campaign and make it happen.
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Dundee_Net

Re: Recognizing Nets fans

Postby D-Lightning » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:54 pm

Dundee_Net wrote:I have a minor gripe about us Nets fans. This has been re-iterated to me by the two topics regarding the Knicks game and the NetsDaily section (esp the comment by the German Nets fan).

When I go to a football (or soccer as you guys call it - a word that never sounds right coming out of my mouth) match back home, 90+% of the crowd have on their club colours in some way (hat, scarf, shirt etc) and it looks great. When I go to a Nets game, the people wearing Nets gear cant even co-ordinate: white or red or blue or grey etc. When I was at that disgraceful Nets away/Knicks home game at the Rock you could see the Knicks fans in their blue and orange; it was distinctive and it added to the overall embarrassment of being in our arena and watching our team get booed.

Is there any way we can start a campaign to get everyone to wear red to a game. Obviously it doesnt even need to be a Nets tee/sweater but just red. Especially for the Knicks game on the 8th April. I think we should create a campaign and make it happen.

correct me if wrong, but dont the Nets wear White at home?

i was at D-Wills home debut and with everyone wearing the White tees, it was very noticeable throughout the arena
D-Lightning

Postby Dundee_Net » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm

red, white, blue, green, purple, whatever... it would just be nice to get a consistent colour through the arena. When the Lakers came to town, you could see the LA fans because they were representing with their colours.
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Dundee_Net

Postby D-Lightning » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Dundee_Net wrote:red, white, blue, green, purple, whatever... it would just be nice to get a consistent colour through the arena. When the Lakers came to town, you could see the LA fans because they were representing with their colours.

This might be an idea for you to forward to the Nets marketing department. I mean they do have a job to do and all :roll:

They have access to more of the fanbase than we do on here to make it happen.
D-Lightning

Return to At the Game