Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

DSLR cameras allowed?

Discuss tickets, seating, fan meet-ups, etc.

DSLR cameras allowed?

Postby D-Lightning » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:56 am

This is always an issue i find there to be at Nets games. I have a DSLR camera and would like to bring it. However I have seen people get turned away trying to bring them to games and yet last game I went to I saw at least 3-4 people with cameras.

If we could get definitive clarity on this issue it would be great.
D-Lightning

Re: DSLR cameras allowed?

Postby PsychoNetsFan34 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 pm

From Prucenter.com-"Small, non-professional still cameras may be brought into the Prudential Center. Please note that for certain events cameras may not be allowed into the arena. Video, audio, and professional camera and recording devices are prohibited. Fans may not reproduce any film, digital, video or audio recording for commercial purposes without the express written consent of the Prudential Center."

That still leaves a little of a gray area but I think DSLR cameras would be considered professional. It just is how strict security is on letting you in with it. You might get a young kid who just sees it as a regular camera, or you might get someone who turns you away. My advice would be if you are bringing the camera make sure you drove to the arena and can head back to your car in case they give you a hard time.
PsychoNetsFan34

Postby D-Lightning » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:15 pm

i asked on the nets facebook page and got a reply from whoever runs that thing

"That shouldn't be a problem"
D-Lightning

Postby D-Lightning » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

funny i made this thread and im surrounded by people with DSLR's at the game tonight, irony i guess.
D-Lightning

Postby D-Lightning » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:52 pm

ill be bringing my DSLR to the game tonight, will report if they give me any trouble for it
D-Lightning

Postby promoguy666 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:22 am

I brought mine to the game a few weeks ago during the phoenix game when deron first came to prudential and no one gave me any trouble about it.
promoguy666

Return to At the Game