Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Any Brooklyn Season Ticket Holders?

Discuss tickets, seating, fan meet-ups, etc.

Any Brooklyn Season Ticket Holders?

Postby promoguy666 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:20 am

hey everyone! i'm about to purchase my season tickets for the Barclays center. Visited the showroom in the city this afternoon and it looks impressive. Any other brooklyn season ticket holders here i would love to hear from you!
promoguy666

Re: Any Brooklyn Season Ticket Holders?

Postby D-Lightning » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 am

do you live close to brooklyn?

i live in north jersey, newark is about 15mins away from me, izod was about 10.

i assume its not going to be very convenient for a lot of the current season ticket holders to renew for brooklyn just for the location alone.

As a die hard fan I still plan on seeing the team play in brooklyn, however it will most likely have to be on a friday/weekend game.

I assume a lot of the new season ticket holders will be New Yorkers.
D-Lightning

Postby promoguy666 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 am

I'm actually from queens new york, but i was never a knicks fan, grew up watching the nets for the past like 11 years. Ive been waiting for this move for a long time and getting to izod/prudential was like a 2 hour drive after all the traffic. Brooklyn is much more ideal for me seeing as how the train stations are all there.
promoguy666

Postby rj2496 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:32 pm

This is my first year a season ticket holder, and will probably be my last. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about next year. I only went to like 10 games so far, and they rest of the tix, nothing was done with them. You can't sell or even give away Nets tickets.

I live in Central NJ, so I will definitely not be getting season tix for Brooklyn. I'll just go to around 5-7 games a year.
OUR SAVIOR IS HERE!
rj2496

Postby BKNETS2012 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:53 pm

What kind of prices are they charging for tickets?
BKNETS2012

Postby promoguy666 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 am

I'm from NY so brooklyn is ideal for me. Ive been waiting for this for awhile. I would never get season tickets for prudential even if i was from jersey. From a strictly business standpoint the games are just impossible to get to and the team has no star power to draw fans. In brooklyn we'll be looking at almost a completely new fan base and maybe a few carried over from jersey.

Ticket prices and seating chart are only revealed at the showroom in manhattan and u are not allowed to take any information with you. I can tell you however that prices are significantly higher than prudential, but there are also a lot more perks of being a season ticket holder for barclays than anything prudential or izod ever had. The biggest downside though is that a 3-year commitment is required when you sign the contract. It is one of the high risk, high reward type situations. Can barclays turn into an MSG type setting? possibly. Will we resign deron and maybe add another star like dwight and be competitive and make the playoffs? everything is possible but there is also a chance we will dive, deron leaves and we end up with nothing in brooklyn. I do think that because of the new location, even if we stink, the fan base will be much larger than anything we ever had in izod or prudential. The same way that the knicks were terrible before they signed amare and got melo and people still went to the games even when they were more expensive than anything in jersey. Location is key and i think barclays will significantly improve the amount of people going to games.
promoguy666

Postby elonepb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 am

Wow, a 3 year commitment? That's nuts. They aren't a good enough team to be making these demands.
elonepb

Postby cmec » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 am

Thanks for letting me know this. I am a New York Nets season ticket holder that was about to renew for the move to BK. Now that I know there will be a 3 year contract I won't be renewing my season tickets for the 2011-2012 season. Thanks for saving me some money!!!!!
cmec

Postby Kid Chocolate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 am

cmec wrote:Thanks for letting me know this. I am a New York Nets season ticket holder that was about to renew for the move to BK. Now that I know there will be a 3 year contract I won't be renewing my season tickets for the 2011-2012 season. Thanks for saving me some money!!!!!

I think you got hosed when you bought season tickets for some non-existent team called the New York Nets. :shock:
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby Netted » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:10 am

As is typical with all things ticket related it is best to wait. I'm sure they'll lower the 3 year commitment.

They just want to screw with the first group of people. Same thing happens when people buy season tickets for 80-100% face value and then give tickets away to the guy sitting next to you.

The entire pricing system for tickets is the one reason I never buy more than one game at a time. I don't want to be a schmuck. If they priced the whole thing fairly to begin with then they wouldn't have issues. These marketing idiots need to come to grips with their supply and demand issues.
Netted

Postby cmec » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:30 am

Kid Chocolate wrote:

I think you got hosed when you bought season tickets for some non-existent team called the New York Nets. :shock:

I am a New Yorker that has Nets season tickets, sorry that you didn't understand that. Do you understand now?
cmec

Postby Belarus » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:11 pm

Netted wrote: Same thing happens when people buy season tickets for 80-100% face value and then give tickets away to the guy sitting next to you.

I'm pretty sure you can forget about those type of things in Brooklyn.
Belarus

Postby cmec » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:38 pm

Will there be PSL's for all seats in the lower bowl?
cmec

Postby GMJ » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:52 pm

I'll wait until I see something credible before I start freaking out that I can't buy a single season of single tickets. :roll:
GMJ

Postby cmec » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:31 am

promoguy666 wrote:hey everyone! i'm about to purchase my season tickets for the Barclays center. Visited the showroom in the city this afternoon and it looks impressive. Any other brooklyn season ticket holders here i would love to hear from you!

What seats did you end up buying?
cmec

Postby promoguy666 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:11 pm

What seats did you end up buying?

I am in lower level section 22 row 11. Idk if the seating chart is released yet or not but its basically there are 3 center court sections, directly center, and the two to the left and right of center. I am in the section right next to one of the ones next to center. Sounds confusing haha but basically I am 2 sections to the right of center court. I will be across from the visiting team's bench and facing the basket that the Nets will ideally be shooting at in the 4th quarter based on the current seating at prudential.
promoguy666

Postby cmec » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 am

promoguy666 wrote:
I am in lower level section 22 row 11. Idk if the seating chart is released yet or not but its basically there are 3 center court sections, directly center, and the two to the left and right of center. I am in the section right next to one of the ones next to center. Sounds confusing haha but basically I am 2 sections to the right of center court. I will be across from the visiting team's bench and facing the basket that the Nets will ideally be shooting at in the 4th quarter based on the current seating at prudential.

I know where your section is, I am a Nets season ticket holder and have the new seating chart for the Barclays Center. Were you a Nets season ticket holder before?
cmec

Postby Sethwolf18 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:16 pm

A few important points to be made..

The 3 year commitment is for all access tickets only. Although not yet on sale to new subscribers, the nets will be selling single
Season season tickets without that commitment.

I recently purchased two all access tickets because they come with some very good benefits namely:

1) first right of refusal for all non basketball events held at the venue
2) complimentary food and drink for every basketball game
3)hospitality club/lounge

Sure I rather not have ha to commit to 3 years but that right to all non nets tickets sold
Me from a business
Perspective
Sethwolf18

Return to At the Game