Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Stop laughing at the Knicks

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Re: Stop laughing at the Knicks

Postby dex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:10 am

At what? Shooting? No he's not as good as morrow - but he's a much better defender and rebounder than both of them...

Wait, what?

How is Chandler a better rebounder than Williams? Williams is the much better rebounder and it's not even close. Chandler's numbers couldn't be more mediocre if you take into account the fact that he played extended minutes on a team with a stat padding style. He's OK, but nothing special. 5.4 rpg in 35.7 mpg is nothing special. Neither is 2.1 apg (and those are career highs). Any player with his physical tools who is given that many minutes on a team like the Knicks would put up that kind of rebounding and assist numbers. Chandler is an OK secondary scorer, 15 ppg is decent, but nothing remarkable given the PT he's given on a team like the Knicks with that style of play.
dex

Postby killersneakers » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:47 pm

But you have to admit that Knicks is a failure in terms of looking after all-star players
killersneakers

Postby Belarus » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:24 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... s-williams

I laugh at the Knicks. Him and Curry could make nice team together and be a vital part of the great franchise :)
Belarus

Postby cpawfan » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:25 pm

Come and get your crow. You know who you are
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby GMJ » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:32 pm

I'll take two helpings please! :lol:
GMJ

Postby pegs » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 pm

I'd still take Wilson Chandler
pegs

Postby mb4th » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jGSvxC ... re=related

Media a little quieter w/ this streak
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby Drew » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:00 am

The next ten games they play are tough. Hopefully they go 2-8 and everyone comes back to earth a little.
Drew

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm not sure why I should stop laughing yet. They're 4 games above .500, but only 3 of their 16 wins have come against teams .500 or above.

In fact they're 3-6 against teams .500 or above.

This also means they have played 19 games against teams below .500 and if you examine further, you see that 13 of those games were against the absolute bottom feeders of the league, those being sub 10 win teams and 3 other games against the 10 win Raptors and they're still only 13 and 6 in those 19 games.

Oh yeah, those 3 games against teams below .500 that are still decent teams, they lost all 3, at home. Those being against Milwaukee, Houston and Philly.

They're a fringe playoff team, nothing has changed, right where I thought they'd be.

Their next 10 games are absolutely brutal, I expect them to go maybe 3 and 7, 4 and 6 at best.

When it's all said and done, if they make no moves by the deadline this is a 40 to 44 win team and 5 or 6 game 1st round knockout.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby ace_o_spades » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:48 pm

They're a pretty good team. I don't see them making a run of any sort in the postseason but considering the garbage that's been put on the floor at MSG the past couple years if I was a Knick fan I would be pretty geeked about the team going forward esp if Melo ends up getting traded as a rental somewhere.
ace_o_spades

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:57 pm

You know what, let's delve into this a little deeper.

Out of those 3 wins against winning teams, 1 was against a David West-less Hornets, 1 against a Boozer-less Bulls. The only quality win was against Denver.

The 6 losses? 4 at home.

They are a limited upside team that desperately needs Melo and/or a Chris Paul or they'll be a low 40 win team for about 3 or 4 seasons and then fall into the abyss for 3 to 6 seasons while they finally rebuild through the draft on their own.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:27 pm

I thought Felton has been good for them at PG... he's sometimes underrated.
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby ace_o_spades » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 pm

Eduardo's Empanada wrote:You know what, let's delve into this a little deeper.

Out of those 3 wins against winning teams, 1 was against a David West-less Hornets, 1 against a Boozer-less Bulls. The only quality win was against Denver.

The 6 losses? 4 at home.

They are a limited upside team that desperately needs Melo and/or a Chris Paul or they'll be a low 40 win team for about 3 or 4 seasons and then fall into the abyss for 3 to 6 seasons while they finally rebuild through the draft on their own.

Who's to say they won't get Melo? The Knicks are gonna make the playoffs this year which they can sell to their fanbase as a monumental achievement and a step in the right direction. I still doubt that Melo will sign an extension with anybody but the Knicks and I think he'll be willing to wait til the offseason to do so. If you add Melo to that roster and maybe some more size by trading away Wilson Chandler that's a very good team.
ace_o_spades

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:56 pm

ace_o_spades wrote:Who's to say they won't get Melo? The Knicks are gonna make the playoffs this year which they can sell to their fanbase as a monumental achievement and a step in the right direction. I still doubt that Melo will sign an extension with anybody but the Knicks and I think he'll be willing to wait til the offseason to do so. If you add Melo to that roster and maybe some more size by trading away Wilson Chandler that's a very good team.

They certainly may get Melo.

And yes they can sell their fanbase on the playoffs, because of 3 things:

1. They have fans that show up no matter how bad the team is, they are loyal.

2. Loyal isn't necessarily smart. They are among the most delusional, homeristic and ignorant fans in the NBA, if not all of sports.

3. They have been wretched for 10 years and with the plan they had devised it was all in or nothing.

Add to all this, they are still a faux contender by only adding Melo. They still need another stud player, most needed a point guard.

Ray Felton has improved, I will certainly admit it, but he's still very average. His assist numbers make him look vastly better then he can imagine himself to be.

Melo and even a couple decent role players still doesn't make that team better then Boston, Orlando or Miami and I don't even think it really makes them better then Chicago either, this season or in the long run.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby mb4th » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:02 pm

How are they going to get Melo?
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:07 pm

They still a team with no Defense.... Brook should man handle Amare next time!
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby NetsForce » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm going to laugh at the Knicks if I want to.

I mean for crying out loud dawg you have Bricks fans saying they're a better version of the Nash-Amar'e Phoenix Suns :lol:
R.I.P - MikhailJordan, TamarSlayer, 8 Mile Ilic, etc.
NetsForce

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:55 pm

I'm not laughing anymore.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby GrandKenyon6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 pm

That's what I thought.

28 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 blocks in a win over the Spurs. It was the most points a team has scored against the Spurs in the Tim Duncan era.

The Nets clearly should have signed Amare Stoudemire. Some risks you have to take.
GrandKenyon6

Postby ghoti » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm

To be fair to the Spurs, the record of road teams on back-to-backs is Nets-like.

Still, they would have beaten the Nets by 25.
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to NBA