Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Stop laughing at the Knicks

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Re: Stop laughing at the Knicks

Postby Kid Chocolate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:38 am

The Spurs are playing at a significantly faster pace than they ever have in Duncan's career.
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 pm

Listen, the Knicks are far from contenders, but it's like they took my post to heart, manned up and starting beating some quality competition.

With all the talk of Melo, if they ever found a way to get Chris Paul or Deron and a defensive big they'd be seriously dangerous.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:29 am

Alright, I'm laughing again.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby macgyver893 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:53 am

Eduardo's Empanada wrote:Alright, I'm laughing again.

Duncan + Defense = Holding down Amare
"Remember, losing is the same as winning, only with fewer points."
- Keith Van Horn (From 90s Nike commercial)
macgyver893

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:01 am

5 in a row...
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby mb4th » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:35 am

No guys, this is an awesome group here. Its totally not a one-man show.

Landry Feilds leads all rookie SG's in rebounds per 40 minutes pace adjusted. Cant trade him for Melo.

This is totally a franchise that has left that crappy decade in the past. Meanwhile Prokhorov and the Nets are a fraud and going no where. That is certainly my interpretation of things when theres 10 game difference in the standings
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby N.Ireland Nets fan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:59 am

mb4th wrote:No guys, this is an awesome group here. Its totally not a one-man show.

Landry Feilds leads all rookie SG's in rebounds per 40 minutes pace adjusted. Cant trade him for Melo.

This is totally a franchise that has left that crappy decade in the past. Meanwhile Prokhorov and the Nets are a fraud and going no where. That is certainly my interpretation of things when theres 10 game difference in the standings

I honestly don't believe there is a massive difference between us and the Knicks as of right now. They don't have much cap room to make many changes and little to no draft picks to improve. I read somewhere also that if Melo goes to free agency the knicks won't have the cap room to sign him to a max deal (already committed to Chandler). So the only way to get Melo is through a trade and as of right now Denver aren't interested in them.

So I don't believe they are drastically better than us. The will make the playoffs but go out in the 1st round. I'd rather be in our position at the minute but it all depends on the future moves we make with our assets really.
The Future's Bright..... The Future's Brooklyn!!
N.Ireland Nets fan

Postby pegs » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:40 am

mb4th wrote:No guys, this is an awesome group here. Its totally not a one-man show.

my

is on the fritz, I can't tell if you're pulling my leg
pegs

Postby macgyver893 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:52 am

If the Knicks do get Melo, I would like for the Nets to somehow get Chandler and have him play with an extreme "Eff you" passion for being dumped by the Knicks..... and then of course win the season series match up against the Knicks :D

Could Chandler fill in the void at SF.... and then the Nets can make a move for Chris Paul next season to have him be our "top 12 in the NBA" player Prokorov wants? Or completely unrealistic?

Paul, Morrow, Chandler, Favors, Lopez starting?
macgyver893

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:11 pm

If we did trade for a star like Paul and somehow came out of it with Favors and Lopez(as in we trade a top 5 pick and other picks for him) I expect Favors to have two feet out the door for a second star.

If we keep with the rebuild we can afford to wait a couple years for Favors development, if we go for a guy like Paul or Deron, etc., we are win now and simply can't wait on a raw player like Favors unless we are forced to because of no availability of players in trade worth Favors.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby YouCanKeepLebron » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:51 pm

The Knicks are headed in a better direction than the Nets right now, not really much debate to it. It pains me to say it but it's true. Nets have very little to show for the rebuilding process that began when Kidd left town. Combination of bad luck and bad drafting I guess but it's true. For all the "young talent" the Nets have where are the wins to show for it? The knicks have almost as much wins this year as Nets have this season and all of last season combined. Cap space gets you nothing when nobody wants to play for you. Actually it gets you travis outlaw and johan petro.
YouCanKeepLebron

Postby grandmazter3 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Here's the deal with the Knicks, they are on a deadline.

The Phoenix Suns, who have the best medical staff in the league, decided not to bet on Amare's knees. This isn't me hoping to see him get hurt but the team that knew him best thought there is no way he will play at a high level for the entirety of his contract.

The Knicks are already taking precautions by not letting him practice the day after games and getting extra treatment on his knees. I hope he proves the Suns and me wrong but big man with knee issues, tricky things.
Community is the new Scrubs, watch it people.
grandmazter3

Postby ace_o_spades » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:12 am

Not gonna lie, the crowd @ the garden was incredible yesterday
ace_o_spades

Postby NothingButNets » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:27 am

ace_o_spades wrote:Not gonna lie, the crowd @ the garden was incredible yesterday

Well, of course.

Think about it, you have all the bandwagon Knick fans, who no one's heard from in a decade, coming out of the woodworks. Then you have all the people who really aren't basketball fans, but just went because it was the hot ticket in town (i.e. the bankers, lawyers, Wall St. execs, anyone who could afford one, etc.).

The Knicks have always benefited from playing in an arena which is located literally on top of one of the central transit hubs in one of the most populous cities in the world. That's why I'm all the more encouraged about our prospects moving to BK; while it's still a bit out in the cut, as it relates to MSG, it's going to be very easy to access the arena for a significant portion of New Yorkers.
NothingButNets

Postby MyNetsForLife » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Knicks have sold incredibly well throughout the years. Can't knock their fans one bit.
MyNetsForLife

Postby macgyver893 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:48 pm

What the GO NETS!!! were all the Knicks fans cheering so insanely for? They were cheering on Melo like he had just discovered the cure for cancer or mediated a peace treaty between two countries at war.... yeah they got Melo..... what did he do for them yet?

And I heard on WFAN today Melo/Melo's people inquired about getting the number 15... what's up with that? How can you do that?
macgyver893

Postby pegs » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Meh, they struggled against a bad Milwaukee team in their first game together. They ended up pulling out of it at the end and getting the W.

Pretty much what was expected. I'll get back to this after they get knocked out of the playoffs.
pegs

Postby D-Lightning » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Dooling lit it up last night, played very well. Kindve miss him :(
D-Lightning

Postby ace_o_spades » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Since they got Anthony, there's been a lot of buzz about them potentially catching Atlanta or Orlando...but Philly is only 1 game behind them right now. As an NBA fan tho I would love to see Miami - NY in the first round so I'm rooting for them to fall out of the 6 spot into the 7.
ace_o_spades

Postby D-Lightning » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 pm

is it safe to start laughing at them again?
D-Lightning

PreviousNext

Return to NBA