Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Keeping track of Cousins chatter

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Keeping track of Cousins chatter

Postby cpawfan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:07 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page ... rade-winds

Word is that handling rookie forward DeMarcus Cousins is proving to be an even bigger job for coach Paul Westphal and his staff than expected, even after the Kings hired Cousins' high school coach (Otis Hughley) in hopes of keeping the 20-year-old -- freshly relegated to a bench role -- plugged in.

One source close to the situation told ESPN.com that Cousins was fined recently for clashing with members of Westphal's staff. I've also been advised that it's not one-and-done as far as such clashes go, which has created a level of tension that -- anticipated or not -- obviously isn't what the Kings need when they're already operating at such an experience deficit on top of their serious defensive frailties.

No one doubts the potential possessed by the Kings' precocious tag team of Cousins and Tyreke Evans. But as one veteran scout warned me during summer league in Las Vegas, when tales and hints of Cousins' volatility and immaturity spread quickly: "It's always risky to have two young divas on the same team."

Didn't take long for the Kings to find out.
cpawfan
Site Admin

Re: Keeping track of Cousins chatter

Postby pegs » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:12 am

I thought Cousins' immaturity was just some overblown BS by the media? LOL
pegs

You're gonna prove us wrong, DC?

Postby rez » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:50 pm

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2 ... ut-cousins

Three “top-tier” teams have made inquiries into the willingness of the Sacramento Kings to part with DeMarcus Cousins, perhaps after reading reports that there are chemistry issues between the rookie big man and the Kings organization, AOL FanHouse reported. ESPN.com reported earlier that handling Cousins is “proving to be an even bigger job” than the Kings expected.

Cousins’ reputation for volatility and immaturity was a big reason he wasn’t drafted until the fifth overall pick last June. The Kings fined him $5,000 for raising his voice and acting unprofessionally toward the team’s strength coach, Daniel Shapiro, over a fitness issue, according to Fanhouse.

And there seems to be a pattern with Cousins’ behavior. He also clashed with assistant coach Truck Robinson during practice just a few days before the incident with Shapiro. Also, at halftime of the Kings’ game last against Minnesota, Cousins was called out by coach Paul Westphal for his selfish play. Cousins felt he was being scapegoated.

Looks like you're proving us right :lol:
rez

Postby mb4th » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Hes totally going to be a Terrell Owens. A guy who is definitely a headache and then things get overblown b/c hes been a headache. Then non stories get made into big stories, then his reaction to the non-stories creates real drama.

Its his own fault
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby ace_o_spades » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

Imma go at coach's neck
ace_o_spades

Postby Belarus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

Yes, we soo regret we didn't draft your neck, Demarcus. LMAO.
Belarus

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:11 am

I wonder if Miami would inquire about Cousins.... what "top tier" teams would?

Well Cousins will get a 2nd chance against the team that passed over him...
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby Belarus » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm

It's ridiculous how he can poison chemistry when something, even tiniest thing, doesn't go his way. History knew many talented athletes that never realized their potential because of being headcases. History will fit another one.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/photos/ki ... t-that-bad
Belarus

Postby Hilander » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Cousins kicked out of practice today...

http://twitter.com/#!/STEIN_LINE_HQ/sta ... 8029034496
JR SMITH UFA 2011..............Hometown Kid, get it done BK.

I wish the "Jubilation" would stay in Newark instead of moving to Brooklyn....
Hilander

Postby Vuchato » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:45 pm

I figured they'd get at least a couple seasons before this all happened.
Vuchato

Postby gmister09 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:15 am

Man i would have been pissed if stuff like this was happening on our team. smh you can have all the talent in the world man, if there isnt anything upstairs it all goes to waste smh
gmister09

Cousins kicked out of Practice

Postby Paladin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Okay, I guess these guys may have known what they were doing when they picked Favors over Cousins.

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/11/30/322040 ... heave.html
Paladin

Re: Cousins kicked out of Practice

Postby BKNETS2012 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:08 pm

What they knew is that he's a center not a PF, so that made the decision much easier.
BKNETS2012

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:49 pm

I think he'll be dealt by the deadline. I mean there is just too much chaos brewing with him and the coaches, I would feel it's the best for everyone to move on and away.
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby Nets4Life » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:40 pm

RT: "I hate to say I told you so..."
Nets4Life

Postby cpawfan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 pm

There is a thread for Cousins in the NBA forum. I'll leave this here until later tonight and then merge into that thread
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby Drew » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Bump

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/12/23/3277334/westphal-punishes-cousins-for.html

DeMarcus Cousins' latest public act that left critics deeming him immature happened right in front of the man who drafted him in June.

Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie regularly views the game near the visiting basket at Arco Arena in the second half of games. So Petrie had a clear view of Cousins making a choking gesture at Warriors guard Reggie Williams after Williams missed the first of three free throws.

Petrie was not amused.

"I was really surprised that he didn't get a taunting (technical) foul for one thing," Petrie said. "I just don't feel that kind of behavior is professional, number one, and it doesn't reflect well on him."

Cousins didn't get a technical foul, but coach Paul Westphal fined him an undisclosed amount and removed him from the starting lineup. Petrie said he agreed with Westphal's punishment.

Classy Move.
Drew

Postby GMJ » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:03 pm

I think he could do worse. I mean Reggie Miller did that to a fan and was loved for it.
GMJ

Postby mb4th » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:12 pm

Right, but it is part of what I said earlier. He is on a GO NETS!!! list now. Everything he does is going to get blown up and then his salty reactions will lead to more negative attention and the it will just become too much.

Similar to the Terrell Owens situation. T.O. is definitely a pecker but everything gets blown up out of proportion because of who he is and what his past was . Eventually it just becomes this inescapable vortex of negativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCY3sz3HwAM
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby YouCanKeepLebron » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:57 am

Sacramento Kings rookie DeMarcus Cousins got into an altercation with teammate Donte Greene after Cousins didn't get the ball on the final possession of a 99-97 loss to Oklahoma City Saturday night, two league sources said, with one source adding that Cousins was not allowed to join the team for its flight to Phoenix for a game Sunday night.,,,,,,One source said Cousins and Green argued in the locker room, with Cousins telling everyone he wanted respect, regardless of his rookie status.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6118009

This guy is a mess
YouCanKeepLebron

Next

Return to NBA