Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Brandon Roy to Retire

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Brandon Roy to Retire

Postby justin » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:09 pm

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7335092/brandon-roy-portland-trail-blazers-retire-due-knees-sources-say

Well his name can stop being brought up as an acquisition option for the NETS or any team.

The doctors from Portland totally screwed with his knee, and I am not surprised that he has finally decided to retire. It was bound to happen.

Interestingly, does this mean Roy's contract comes off of Portland's cap? This woudl mean they still have their amnesty. I don't know who they would use it on know, but they should be far under the cap now.
justin

Re: Brandon Roy to Retire

Postby ghoti » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 pm

This is very sad. Roy is a classy guy and a player I loved to watch. The way he took over games in crunch time - he was on par with any superstar.

He didn't have incredible athleticism or dominant physical ability, just a lot of heart and skill. The Blazers, the NBA, and everyone who loves basketball lost a lot when his knees gave out. 27 years old. Damn.
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby Dumpy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 am

Basketball is such a physical game, and these kids play constantly since they are pre-teens. It's really amazing that some of these players last as long as they do without their bodies breaking down.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. --Albert Einstein
Dumpy

Postby pegs » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 am

That's disappointing. I actually liked him in Portland teaming up with Aldridge - I was hoping they'd at least make it to the finals once or twice.
pegs

Return to NBA