Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Who offered the better deal for CP3?

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Who offered the better deal for CP3?

Postby macgyver893 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:58 am

Who do you think had the better deal for Paul... the Lakers/Rockets or the Clippers?

I ask b/c Carton on the FAN this morning said the Lakers deal was so much better and the Clippers deal stunk... I didn't think that was the case really.

Lakers/Rockets -- Lamar Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Goran Dragic, Houston first round pick

Clippers -- Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman, Al-Farouq Aminu, Minnesota first round pick (unprotected)....... I think I heard when the Hornets wanted Eric Bledsoe too that's when they said no deal, right?
"Remember, losing is the same as winning, only with fewer points."
- Keith Van Horn (From 90s Nike commercial)
macgyver893

Re: Who offered the better deal for CP3?

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 am

Clippers hands down. I truly believe now, everyone(media experts) who were spinning it in favor of the Lakers were simply biased and wanted Cp3 done in LAL county.

The clipps offered, a solid SG with no injury history as such as Martin's, plus he's younger than Kmart. A potential starting PG in Bledsoe, a former all-star C in Kaman who's expiring and much easier to play with Emeka. Aminu who could be a solid 3 but really young(improved shooting) and minnesota's unprotected pick, which unlike the lakers and rockets, has the best chance in making top 5.

Lakers gave up age and high salaries on two guys who perform poorly in the playoffs for Paul. yeah, real fair!!!! Houston sending over Kmart, Scola and Dragic is no where near what the Clips were offering(except Scola)
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby pegs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Definitely the Clippers. The first rounder and Gordon alone make that the better deal, hands down.
pegs

Postby ace_o_spades » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Carton is an ignorant moron. When you trade your franchise player more often than not you have to rebuild
ace_o_spades

Postby Drew » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:39 pm

I don't get why everyone thought the Lakers deal was so great for the Hornets. They weren't going to get a great draft pick out of it, and the players they were getting A) weren't young and B) would have kept them from having their own pick potentially be a great one.
The Clippers deal is about a thousand times better. And that's before they trade Kaman for another piece.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Boomer and Carton.
Drew

Postby ace_o_spades » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Drew wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one who hates Boomer and Carton.

I think Boomer is outstanding and I respect his opinion a lot. Carton is good when he knows what he's talking about but a lot of times he simply doesn't know what he is saying (as evidenced by his opinion re. this trade). The problem is he's an arrogant GO NETS!!! and is incredibly dismissive towards the callers even when Boomer calls him out for being wrong.
ace_o_spades

Postby macgyver893 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:03 am

Carton doesn't know anything about the NBA. He can definitely be the biggest NY homer at times too. However, I do enjoy listening to him when he's not talking about the NBA. I just don't like it when he starts badgering callers and it's uncalled for.

I do love Boomer though.
"Remember, losing is the same as winning, only with fewer points."
- Keith Van Horn (From 90s Nike commercial)
macgyver893

Postby Drew » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 am

I think Boomer knows his stuff when it comes to the four major sports. He seems very knowledgable (sp sorry). It's just that everytime I turn them on, he spends the entire show saying "I told you this was going to happen." Great. I told you so doesn't make for good radio IMO.
Drew

Postby ace_o_spades » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:58 pm

macgyver893 wrote:Carton doesn't know anything about the NBA. He can definitely be the biggest NY homer at times too. However, I do enjoy listening to him when he's not talking about the NBA. I just don't like it when he starts badgering callers and it's uncalled for.

I do love Boomer though.

He's classless, that's his schtick. He's funny sometimes not gonna lie but he badgers callers for no reason. Also did you hear when he interviewed that girl at Penn St about the Sandusky thing? He was puffing his chest out like he was some tough guy when all he did was scream at a 20 year old girl (to be fair tho she was an idiot)

And I agree re. the NBA, he's like most Knick fans who've been in hibernation the past decade until they got Amar'e.

Drew wrote:I think Boomer knows his stuff when it comes to the four major sports. He seems very knowledgable (sp sorry). It's just that everytime I turn them on, he spends the entire show saying "I told you this was going to happen." Great. I told you so doesn't make for good radio IMO.

Yeah he does like to let people know when he was right lol. I find myself listening to these guys less and less and just listening to my music. Mike & Mike is ok but it's a lil boring.
ace_o_spades

Return to NBA