Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Predict the 2012-2013 NBA Champions

Discussion of other NBA Teams and league-wide issues.

Who will be the 2012-2013 NBA Champs?

Boston Celtics
No votes
Brooklyn Nets
25%
Denver Nuggets
No votes
Indiana Pacers
No votes
LA Clippers
No votes
LA Lakers
No votes
Miami Heat
75%
Oklahoma City Thunder
No votes
San Antonio Spurs
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 4

Predict the 2012-2013 NBA Champions

Postby idelbi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

With training camp right around the corner, team rosters are pretty much set. Who do you think will win the championship this year?
idelbi

Re: Predict the 2012-2013 NBA Champions

Postby idelbi » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:14 am

I picked the Heat and here is why: I assume the Lakers and the Thunder will be battling it out in the Western Conference Finals. Seeing as how it will take Dwight some time to get back on the court, the chemistry will probably not be fully developed. The Thunder match up very well against the Lakers. Perkins should allow the Thunder to defend Howard one on one and Sefalosha can contain Kobe as well as any one player can. Even Ibaka should be able to guard Pau better than last year since he spent this summer going up against him in practice. Whichever of Harden or Westbrook is guarded by Nash should have a field day on offense. So, at least this year, I have the Thunder winning the West.

Given LeBron's new found confidence, the clear team identity, and the weakness in the East, I think the Heat will have the best record in the league. Unless the Heat get hit by a significant injury to one of the big three, I don't think anyone in the East can beat them in a seven game series, so it'll likely be OKC vs the Heat in the Finals. OKC getting Eric Maynor will be absolutely huge for them. He was able to manage the game much better than Westbrook and keep the team calm. With Maynor, the Thunder can match up with the Heat's small lineup without losing a beat. But getting better at the Heat's game won't help them beat the Heat in a 7-game series because they simply have more talent. Given the fact that the Thunder still lack a low post scorer, combined with the Heat's superior talent and home court advantage, I can't see the Thunder winning, but we'll have an exhilarating 7-game series.

On a side note, if the Lakers get to the Finals, the Heat are screwed. The Heat have absolutely no way to match up against the Lakers size. It could be a repeat of the Lakers-Nets finals.
idelbi

Re: Predict the 2012-2013 NBA Champions

Postby ghoti » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Is LeBron still breathing?
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Return to NBA