Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Draft Strategy: Cousins or Favors . . . then what?

Discuss mock drafts and keep track of draft prospects.

Re: Draft Strategy: Cousins or Favors . . . then what?

Postby Netted » Tue May 25, 2010 8:48 pm

BadKiki wrote:If the Nets identify Henry or anyone else to be a pure shooter at the NBA level, they should be very aggressive in acquiring that player. The Nets would essentially be building around a dominant front court with Favors/Cousins and Lopez. They'll need someone to space the floor, and there is no sense waiting for one to fall into their lap.

Nets are not going to draft a 292 lb center to play next to Lopez. But I agree about what you're saying about Henry. Not sure what price you put on moving up to get that shooter. Especially when you have Lee and free agency.
Netted

Postby BadKiki » Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Netted wrote:Nets are not going to draft a 292 lb center to play next to Lopez. But I agree about what you're saying about Henry. Not sure what price you put on moving up to get that shooter. Especially when you have Lee and free agency.

I just didn't want to open that can of worms. If the Nets think Henry, George or anyone can start on a good team and be an elite shooter, I'm willing to give up a few pieces to get him. That includes the 27th and 31st picks in this draft, lottery protected picks starting in 2012, Courtney, Chris, Hump and Yi. I wouldn't give them all away, but I'm a pretty firm believer that depth doesn't make championship teams. Stars and very good players do. There's no sense in mucking around.
Whoop-De-Damn-Do: The Divine Nets Tragedy -- Latest: Labelling T-Will
BadKiki

Postby Vuchato » Tue May 25, 2010 9:34 pm

I really like Henry, but I think that he screams CLee to me. Good defender, good shooter, good intangibles, decent athleticism, good role player. If Lee can replicate his second half last year, or improve on it, I think he's a great fit for that role (14 ppg, .374 3P% while taking 4 threes a game, to go along with his strong defense).
Vuchato

Postby BadKiki » Thu May 27, 2010 2:05 pm

Can I change my answer? Forget the shooter. I want Terrico White and his 40-inch max vert. Who cares if he'll be able to play. The odds of getting someone who will be a productive NBA player at that pick aren't great. At least we'd be able to watch White dunk from half court.
BadKiki

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu May 27, 2010 2:38 pm

As discussed in another thread, ATM, Henry is mocked between 10-15(with 15 being the most) as potential landing zone. I'm sure with cash, 27th pick n 2nd rd pick and CDR? we can trade up for Henry.

Henry is a very good shooter. Avg D IMO, but handles the ball well and goes after boards. Henry for the WIN!
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby Kid Chocolate » Thu May 27, 2010 3:37 pm

BadKiki wrote:Can I change my answer? Forget the shooter. I want Terrico White and his 40-inch max vert. Who cares if he'll be able to play. The odds of getting someone who will be a productive NBA player at that pick aren't great. At least we'd be able to watch White dunk from half court.

I'm glad you're not a decision maker for the Nets.
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby BadKiki » Thu May 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Kid Chocolate wrote:I'm glad you're not a decision maker for the Nets.

How can you be so sure I'm not?

Edit: Wait, I don't want any confusion. CPaw: I swear I am NOT Rod Thorn. You do not need to track me down through my IP Address.
BadKiki

Postby cpawfan » Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 pm

BadKiki wrote:
How can you be so sure I'm not?

Edit: Wait, I don't want any confusion. CPaw: I swear I am NOT Rod Thorn. You do not need to track me down through my IP Address.

No, clearly with a draft pick like that, you are Kiki
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby BadKiki » Thu May 27, 2010 9:46 pm

cpawfan wrote:
No, clearly with a draft pick like that, you are Kiki

I live? Bonus!

On topic: I stick with my initial assessment that the 27th and 31st picks are worthless unless they are used in a trade. They should be used to move up and acquire a player with a better chance of success (read: Henry, George). If not, I don't see why White isn't worth a roll of the dice. He's the biggest and most athletic of the combo guards that will be on the board, and other than Jordan Crawford, none have a significant skill.
BadKiki

Previous

Return to NBA Draft