Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Favors vs Cousins

Discuss mock drafts and keep track of draft prospects.

Re: Favors vs Cousins

Postby Kid Chocolate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Claud wrote:LOL it appears as though NI just found the vid I posted 2 weeks ago here (Favors' Interview with DA & Kerber) and put it in the main page... but he gave credit to someone else for finding it :S

He gave credit to the guy who posted it and probably did the interview...not just someone who found it on the internet.
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby CalamityX04 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:43 pm

ghoti wrote:Calamity, forget about the comparisons you read. You have watched Lopez play for two years.

How do you think he would do at PF as compared to C? Do you want him to change positions? Would you rather the Nets get a PF to play alongside him or would you rather they get a center to replace him so he can become a PF?

Just write what you think based on what you saw.

lol... Brook is a C to me. I just recalled back in the season, i believe it was a quote from VC, saying something along the lines of Brook being the biggest PF he saw or something to that nature... so just adding fuel to the most talk about subject.

But no, Brook should not be moved to C, he's a top notch Center in this league, and soon the whole the NBA will realize this. I rather get the PF(favors) to tag along with Brook. Brook is a smart player and so is Favors(in interviews). Those two could mesh very well.
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby mb4th » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:05 pm

CalamityX04 wrote:
lol... Brook is a C to me. I just recalled back in the season, i believe it was a quote from VC, saying something along the lines of Brook being the biggest PF he saw or something to that nature... so just adding fuel to the most talk about subject.

But no, Brook should not be moved to C, he's a top notch Center in this league, and soon the whole the NBA will realize this. I rather get the PF(favors) to tag along with Brook. Brook is a smart player and so is Favors(in interviews). Those two could mesh very well.

I think that was sort of a piece of advice from Vince. Him still in mentor mode telling Brook that you have great post skills and youre wasting your time taking 20 footers. Brook isnt a PF. He is an elite center and still can get better if theres shooters on the floor. You can run your offense through him and eat very well
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby soul driver » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 pm

draft express just tweeted regarding cousins:

DraftExpress

As shocking as it might be, that's the way things are looking right now. Big mistake... RT @UtesFan89 So does Monroe go before Cousins then?
about 1 hour ago via web
Reply Retweet

DraftExpress
No. Not sure he's even in the mix for NJ. Its Favors or Wes Johnson there. RT @zachmentz
soul driver

Postby dex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:06 am

soul driver wrote:No. Not sure he's even in the mix for NJ.

Givony already corrected himself after learning that Cousins is gonna workout vs Favors for us.
dex

Postby Claud » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Hey here's Derrick Favors' latest interviews.... (Kings' workout)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6VenMCEFE

Here's Cousins'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAky41MA ... re=channel
8 > 3
DH12 OR BUST!
Claud

Postby dex » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:50 am

Chad Ford:
Things aren't much clearer in New Jersey at the moment. The New Jersey Nets would take Turner if he is on the board. If he isn't? It's a standoff between Favors and Cousins. The team won't be getting Turner for a workout, but they'll have Favors and Cousins going head-to-head June 21.

The Nets do have a bit of a dilemma at No. 3 if it's Favors and Cousins on the board. I think from a talent standpoint, Cousins has the edge. However, the team will pursue Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer via free agency. You don't draft Cousins to play him 10 minutes a night. He's the most NBA-ready big man in the draft. However, Favors is raw and you could bring him along more slowly.

If the Nets are confident they will be getting Bosh, Stoudemire or Boozer, it might make sense for them to swap picks with a team like the Pistons. They could get another critical piece of the puzzle at the 3 and still have a high pick to draft a backup big.

Free agency starts a week after the draft. We should not make a decision on who to pick based on who we think we could sign then, just take whoever you think is the best player.

Also, the Pistons have absolutely nothing that could be worth moving down 4 spots, IMO.
dex

Postby pegs » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:19 am

He's the most NBA-ready? Really? Because I thought his defense could use some work in college
pegs

Postby Netted » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:24 am

The Nets will not make a decision based on who they think they can get in free agency. That's Chad Ford thinking out loud and it's stupid. He's filling an article he is paid to write.
Netted

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:55 am

pegs wrote:He's the most NBA-ready? Really? Because I thought his defense could use some work in college

Perhaps they mean physically? Offensively, i would probably go with them as "most" NBA ready... defense is a work in process.
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby cpawfan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:28 pm

pegs wrote:He's the most NBA-ready? Really? Because I thought his defense could use some work in college

Most ready to use his road per diem on food???
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby Claud » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:17 pm

After watching Avery's press conference today, I'm 100% sure we will take Favors unless Turner falls. Avery wants to " Play hard defense, rebound, and run" does that sound like DC? Not to me. He also said he wants to " Throw the ball in the post to Brook and play off of him" and I think DC would CLOG the paint and make it even harder for the team to run their sets. I think DC can have a good career and has good potential but he really just does not fit with us IMO.
8 > 3
DH12 OR BUST!
Claud

Postby Big Tom » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:30 am

Claud wrote:After watching Avery's press conference today, I'm 100% sure we will take Favors unless Turner falls. Avery wants to " Play hard defense, rebound, and run" does that sound like DC? Not to me. He also said he wants to " Throw the ball in the post to Brook and play off of him"

He also said on Joe and Evan today that he wants to draft players that are ready to play in the NBA.

Anybody talking is ALL smoke and mirrors at this point. The best way to decipher what's going on is to look at who's working out, when and in what order, those sorts of things.
Sing it with me now: Nets GLOBAL, Knicks LOCAL
Big Tom

Postby Netted » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 am

Big Tom wrote:The best way to decipher what's going on is to look at who's working out, when and in what order, those sorts of things.

Hard to tell with that because players schedules could interfere with timing.
Netted

Postby pegs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:29 pm

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/6/16/1520 ... -a-preview

Good writeup and links on Favors vs. Cousins.

The video's nice.

Shows that each of them has a pretty good stroke, although Cousins' looked much smoother, with Favors' looking a bit unorthodox. Cousins' was much quicker, although he simply did it with a flick of the wrist...not sure I liked that.
Favors' form looked pretty good, although it looked like he barely flicked his wrist, and he let the ball out of his hands way too slowly. Didn't look fluid at all. He definitely needs to work on his shooting form.

Favors looked much better and quicker off the dribble, with a nicer first step. Cousins looked a bit slow coming from the top of the key, and that was an awfully slow spin move (although it still might be effective in the NBA). Favors also looked effortless jumping up for those alleys. Cousins looked a little bit more fit than the last time I saw him.
pegs

Postby Ast » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Most people don't really pay attention, but the difference to me is in the interviews. Cousins kept shrugging, scowling and saying he doesn't care, that he has his own style (really?), basically, he comes off self absorbed.

Favors smiled a lot, talked about always going hard, he did say that he may not be great offensively, but he'll impact the game with defense.
He said a lot of typical PR BS - answers that don't really say much, but they were all "good guy" answers.

I really like Derrick, and I'd rather take a chance that he'll bust out because he's too nice rather than because he's a selfish prick.
Ast

Postby pegs » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Watching that Kings interview with Cousins....he just looks like he's downright awful at interviews. I actually started to feel bad for him, because he was so bad at it. I'm not sure if I'd personally take that into account when thinking about drafting him, though.
pegs

Postby cpawfan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:25 am

I finally picked up my ESPN the magazine and found this quote

"We'd never draft DeMarcus Cousins," says one team's personnel director. "We feel there'd have to be constant supervision off the floor, and that's not our thing."
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby Belarus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:59 am

cpawfan wrote:I finally picked up my ESPN the magazine and found this quote

I hope this is Nets personnel director! Nets would wipe out all my enthusiasm completely if they drafted Cousisns. I hope they've learned their lesson with head cases.
Belarus

Postby pegs » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:43 am

cpawfan wrote:I finally picked up my ESPN the magazine and found this quote

I just read that a few minutes ago, actually
pegs

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Draft