Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Discuss mock drafts and keep track of draft prospects.

DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby Newark2Brooklyn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:05 pm

via Twitter a couple minutes ago:

Wesley Johnson is moving up to 3, New Jersey, on our next mock coming shortly. Told New Jersey will take him and go for a PF in free agency.


http://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/16784136097

I hate this. This better not be true.
My opinions are valid.

I also write for these websites.
http://www.netsarescorching.com
pickscroll.blogspot.com
Newark2Brooklyn
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby Newark2Brooklyn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:09 pm

My opinions are valid.

I also write for these websites.
http://www.netsarescorching.com
pickscroll.blogspot.com
Newark2Brooklyn
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby GMJ » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 pm

1) could be misinformation, but you'd think they'd say they're taking the hyped PF prospect so people would be motivated to trade.

2) I like Wesley Johnson a lot, but to pass up on Favors for him is a huge gamble. I guess we're banking on David Lee really, really, really loving the NYC area.
Image
User avatar
GMJ
Moderator
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby pegs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 pm

Wes and Devin for Love, Flynn, and Favors plz :)
User avatar
pegs
Moderator
 
Posts: 4198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: Utica

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby chris218 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:15 pm

I don't get it why you people are so upset about this. Yes Wes isn't the sexy pick or the most exciting, but for what we need I think this is the best pick at 3. We haven't had a good 3 since the days of RJ and that is what Wes reminds me of. Plus in free agency there are more legit PF than 2's and 3's such as Gay and Joe Johnson. We only won 12 games last year, but with this free agent class we need to make it look as were going to be good very soon. By drafting Favors its gonna take three years for him to become a star... think Jermaine O'Neal. By taking Wes you plug him in at the three and you go get a star PF along with a SG possibly.


Harris
Lee (for now)
Wes Johnson
Stoudemire/Bosh/Boozer/Lee
Lopez


I just feel like he is the most ready out of the picks in terms of his defense and his scoring ability.
chris218
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby MyNetsForLife » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Smokescreen. We're trying to get Kahn anxious.


#thingsItellmyselfsoIDontDreadThursday
Image
User avatar
MyNetsForLife
Moderator
 
Posts: 1925
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:59 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby GMJ » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm

chris218 wrote:I don't get it why you people are so upset about this. Yes Wes isn't the sexy pick or the most exciting, but for what we need I think this is the best pick at 3. We haven't had a good 3 since the days of RJ and that is what Wes reminds me of. Plus in free agency there are more legit PF than 2's and 3's such as Gay and Joe Johnson. We only won 12 games last year, but with this free agent class we need to make it look as were going to be good very soon. By drafting Favors its gonna take three years for him to become a star... think Jermaine O'Neal. By taking Wes you plug him in at the three and you go get a star PF along with a SG possibly.


Harris
Lee (for now)
Wes Johnson
Stoudemire/Bosh/Boozer/Lee
Lopez


I just feel like he is the most ready out of the picks in terms of his defense and his scoring ability.


I disagree. I think we got a terrific SF just last year. It's the PF spot we've desperately needed to upgrade since the beginning of time (more or less). There are plenty of wing players later in the draft. We're very lucky to be picking 3rd with a prospect like Favors available.
Image
User avatar
GMJ
Moderator
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby D-Lightning » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 pm

I dont know how i feel about Wes Johnson but he looks like a pretty damn good player in this highlight reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3j4RlsZ6E
User avatar
D-Lightning
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: North Bergen, NJ

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby Netted » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 pm

MyNetsForLife wrote:Smokescreen. We're trying to get Kahn anxious.


#thingsItellmyselfsoIDontDreadThursday


Wes Johnson to NJ!!!
User avatar
Netted
 
Posts: 3970
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby pegs » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 pm

D-Lightning wrote:I dont know how i feel about Wes Johnson but he looks like a pretty damn good player in this highlight reel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3j4RlsZ6E

He also looked like a pretty damn good player in his year at Syracuse....of which I watched 70% of his games.

I don't think that's what everyone's bothered about - it's more about the fact that we need a PF more than a SF. The draft is a much easier way of addressing that than free agency.
User avatar
pegs
Moderator
 
Posts: 4198
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:06 pm
Location: Utica

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby Newark2Brooklyn » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:40 pm

MyNetsForLife wrote:Smokescreen. We're trying to get Kahn anxious.


#thingsItellmyselfsoIDontDreadThursday


#WhatThisGuySaid....#IHope
My opinions are valid.

I also write for these websites.
http://www.netsarescorching.com
pickscroll.blogspot.com
Newark2Brooklyn
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby mb4th » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:45 pm

At least things are getting interesting this week. It was getting pretty boring.
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"



"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
User avatar
mb4th
 
Posts: 2901
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:58 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby D-Lightning » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:49 pm

I was all in favor of drafting Favors but if Nets feel like they just didnt see it and saw more for Wes Johnson, then i trust them. We can like any player all we want but we havent been there for the workouts, so we really cant give an informed opinion.

If were able to sign one of Amare, Boozer or Lee, we should be fine at PF. Wes Johnson looks pretty good to me, could be the Tyreke Evans of the draft
User avatar
D-Lightning
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: North Bergen, NJ

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby GMJ » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:54 pm

mb4th wrote:At least things are getting interesting this week. It was getting pretty boring.



Big names: Chris Paul, Derrick Favors, Brian Scalabrine, Wesley Johnson.
Image
User avatar
GMJ
Moderator
 
Posts: 4642
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby mb4th » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

GMJ wrote:

Big names: Chris Paul, Derrick Favors, Brian Scalabrine, Wesley Johnson.


And thats the order I want them in 8-)
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"



"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
User avatar
mb4th
 
Posts: 2901
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:58 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby cpawfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:00 pm

There are two things we can count on in this draft. Stefanski and Thorn screwing up.
User avatar
cpawfan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:01 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby cpawfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Newark2Brooklyn wrote:
#WhatThisGuySaid....#IHope


#ThornIsAMoronIHaveNoHope
User avatar
cpawfan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:01 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby D-Lightning » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I dont get the hate on Wes Johnson, i dont see how you could hate that pick if they did go in that direction. Kid has got game!
User avatar
D-Lightning
 
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:14 pm
Location: North Bergen, NJ

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby MyNetsForLife » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:01 pm

cpawfan wrote:There are two things we can count on in this draft. Stefanski and Thorn screwing up.

Thankfully Stefanski screwing up will lead to Thr0n not being able to screw up.
Image
User avatar
MyNetsForLife
Moderator
 
Posts: 1925
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:59 am

Re: DX: Nets will take Wesley Johnson

Postby cpawfan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:02 pm

D-Lightning wrote:I dont get the hate on Wes Johnson, i dont see how you could hate that pick if they did go in that direction. Kid has got game!


Opportunity cost.

It is far, far easier for a competent GM to get an average SF than an average PF
User avatar
cpawfan
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2142
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:01 am

Next

Return to NBA Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron