Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Pegs' -Rant About SU- Thread

Amateurs.

Pegs' -Rant About SU- Thread

Postby pegs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 am

I'll start this out by saying that Rautins is greatness.

9 threes tonight, tying Gerry's record for threes in a game. Great team defender, perfect at the top of the zone defense. Good, solid passer.

If you ask me, he's a major upgrade over Devendorf.

Image x9
pegs

Re: Pegs' -Rant About SU- Thread

Postby GMJ » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:56 am

So much for a rant thread, there's nothing but positivity in here!
GMJ

Postby pegs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 am

So much for knowing what "rant" means. :?
pegs

Postby jcb.r » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:28 am

Nice shoes.

Syracuse sucks. 8-)

I actually haven't watched more than 5 minutes of a cuse game this year, so my opinion means nothing right now. I need to watch a game soon.
“It’s real emotional. Rutgers is a special place. You won’t find another place like it.” - Kenny Britt
jcb.r

Postby pegs » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:32 am

They're about 9 times better now that Devendorf is out. Not as deep, but still better.
pegs

Postby Kid Chocolate » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:45 pm

Did you watch yesterday's game?

Tywain McKee is really good. He's the MEAC preseason player of the year.
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby pegs » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:13 am

Yeah, I got annoyed with him. And a bit Jealous.
pegs

Postby pegs » Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:26 pm

Syracuse just killed Seton Hall. Wasn't even close.

Boeheim kept Rautins in the starting lineup, like I had hoped :D and brought Devendorf off the bench. It was pretty sweet, I hope he continues that.

Jackson is starting still, too, and is doing a great job. His rebounding is solid, he's a good finisher, and he can hit FT's at an acceptable rate for a big. His defense has been superb, too.

I especially like that he's playing Kris Joseph a lot, and trusting him with minutes. This guy looks like he can be really good. His defense is there, he can hustle, and he's a good rebounder. He can shoot, handle, slash to the basket. The only huge flaws are his tendency to get lost on defense at least one play every game, and his inability to hit FT's well.

And for Paul Harris - he hit his hand on the rim late in the 1st half, and had to leave the game. It looked bad. No word on how he is yet, though. Still, in his limited minutes, he was pretty quiet...as Rautins, Devendorf, and Johnny pretty much took over the game.
pegs

Postby pegs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 am

:?
pegs

Postby jcb.r » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:29 am

Syracuse's shorts look like skirts.
“It’s real emotional. Rutgers is a special place. You won’t find another place like it.” - Kenny Britt
jcb.r

Postby Universe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:17 am

Hell of a start eh Pegs?

"The ones that make it complicated never get congratulated." - Kid Cudi
Universe

Postby pegs » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:32 am

Yeah, it's great watching this team now. Especially with everything that's going on...Johnny's good as ever. Paul's doin his usual hustle (although I'm nervous if he's injured, I could still see him playing). Rautins getting the opportunity, hitting every shot...he's hot right now. And then Jackson starting now, and Arinze being a pure beast.

Great time to be an SU fan. Then again, when isn't it?
pegs

Postby Kid Chocolate » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:46 am

i just wanna know what's up with Rautins' haircut
Imagegfx by gmj

Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby Real » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Seton Hall could be an NCAA Tournament team....if they can get all their players eligible, stop constantly playing 6 guys on the floor, and if Bobby Gonzales doesn't get committed.
Real

Postby Kid Chocolate » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:02 pm

Real wrote:Seton Hall could be an NCAA Tournament team....if they can get all their players eligible, stop constantly playing 6 guys on the floor, and if Bobby Gonzales doesn't get committed.

I can't really see The Hall doing anything unless they catch fire from the outside. Having to play Stix Mitchell at PF is bad enough.
Imagegfx by gmj

Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby Real » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:12 pm

kid chocolate wrote:

I can't really see The Hall doing anything unless they catch fire from the outside. Having to play Stix Mitchell at PF is bad enough.

Well, that's why I say, they get all their players eligible. Michael Glover for instance would have been great but unfortunately, through no fault of his own (he did well academically at Seton Hall), he couldn't get qualified.

Keon Lawrence and Herb Pope just transferred in. Add that to getting Stix, Theodore, Harvey, and Hazell back, and they've got a solid team on paper.

One quarrel I have with Bobby is that he does not recruit hard in New Jersey. If Rutgers can get guys like Echenique and Rosario, then so can Seton Hall. Jordan Theodore was a good step in the right direction, but heck, I don't think Bobby Gonzales has ever visited Seton Hall Prep once, the same school that's pumped out guys like Brandon Costner and Ashton Gibbs, and that's right down the street.
Real

Postby Kid Chocolate » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm not too big of a fan of Gonzo.

I wonder how hard he'll go after Sterling Gibbs.

Next year should be a lot better of a year, Pope and Lawrence should be immediate contributors (I have high hopes for Pope), and hopefully Melvyn Oliver can play (I'm excited to see his fatass play).
Also Deandre "Big Daddy" Kane is already a legend of a recruit in my eyes due to his name.

But back to the present. The lack of bodies is just killing SHU. No size, and the only legit big, Garcia, is battling a knee problem.

Sidenote: How useless is Mike Davis. It's like Grant Billmeier all over again.
Imagegfx by gmj

Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Postby Real » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:43 pm

kid chocolate wrote:I'm not too big of a fan of Gonzo.

I wonder how hard he'll go after Sterling Gibbs.

They're going to go after him, but who knows how that will turn out. He's getting interest from schools like Florida and Pitt (who has a well established relationship with SHP; Brandin Knight is director of basketball operations and of course Ashton is there), and Rutgers, a school that has learned to go after NJ talent aggressively and effectively.

Next year should be a lot better of a year, Pope and Lawrence should be immediate contributors (I have high hopes for Pope), and hopefully Melvyn Oliver can play (I'm excited to see his fatass play).
Also Deandre "Big Daddy" Kane is already a legend of a recruit in my eyes due to his name.

I think Herb Pope can be a stud. Keon should feel a lot more comfortable somewhat close to home yet secluded enough from home as opposed to the middle of nowhere. Pope on the other hand will benefit from being as far away from his hometown in Pittsburgh as possible.

I'm not expecting anything out of Melvyn Oliver. When I first found out Bobby Gonzales was going after him, I nearly pooped myself. I couldn't understand it at all. The deal with him is he'll either lose 60-70 pounds and have a shot to be an effective player or he won't lose any weight and never play a game.

But back to the present. The lack of bodies is just killing SHU. No size, and the only legit big, Garcia, is battling a knee problem.

Sidenote: How useless is Mike Davis. It's like Grant Billmeier all over again.

Absolutely, but on the flip side, they're better than they were last year, and much better than they were two years ago. Two years ago they would lose to Farleigh Dickinson at home. This year, when they at least have Garcia, they've beaten teams like USC and Virginia Tech and gave Memphis a game as well. It's an encouraging sign.

As for Mike Davis, it's disappointing, but it's not like he has a lot of help in the front court either.
Real

Postby Universe » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Andy Rautins is amazing yet again.

"The ones that make it complicated never get congratulated." - Kid Cudi
Universe

Postby pegs » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 am

Yeah, he's practically been the star of this team since entering the starting lineup.
pegs

Next

Return to College Basketball