Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Most passionate player in college with talent?

Amateurs.

Most passionate player in college with talent?

Postby Netted » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm looking for a guy with a huge heart and absolutely loves basketball. May not be a finished product, but you can see he has a good BBall IQ and he hates losing. Those familiar with the college ranks chime in. Doesn't need to be the most talented.

Don't give me names of anyone that has huge potential, but doesn't clearly show he plays with passion.

The Nets need two players like this. At their peak they had Kidd and Kenyon who both had this quality.

I'm not overly familiar with Wall. Does he have this quality? Anyone projected to go in lower half of 1st round have this?
Netted

Re: Most passionate player in college with talent?

Postby GMJ » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:34 pm

The player that I've seen (albeit briefly) that plays with the most passion is Trevor Booker. He's a guy who Ghoti turned me on to as an eventual Sean Williams replacement, and I've been impressed since. KMart comparisons can be made, although he's shorter and doesn't have Kenyon's vertical. Still, he does like to dunk on people and scream afterwards.
GMJ

Postby Netted » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:56 pm

GMJigga wrote:Still, he does like to dunk on people and scream afterwards.

But does he look like he despises losing and play strong defense? Dunking and screaming is low on the priority list.
Netted

Postby pegs » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder if overly passionate players really exist anymore.
pegs

Return to College Basketball