Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Georgetown

Amateurs.

Georgetown

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 pm

EPIC FAIL!!!!

damn, that screwed my bracket... big time....
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Re: Georgetown

Postby Nets4Life » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:55 pm

That was a terrible performance. Good thing I had them losing to Turner and Co.
Nets4Life

Postby pegs » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Heck, might as well name this thread "Big East"

1/4 so far ain't lookin too good.
pegs

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Had Gtown in the elite 8.... wtf!

Yeah Big East dropping the ball, Gtown, Marq, ND, Nova(won but not #2 material)

Are the Cuse and WVU also to share this fate?

CalamityX04

Postby pegs » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:50 pm

Cuse will be without their big man, Arinze Onuaku, for at least 2 games

That means the freshman Dashonte Riley will have to get some minutes off the bench, because SU only uses 2 bigs

There's a chance Cuse loses, I doubt WVU drops the ball.
pegs

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Yeah, Cuse shouldn't be in trouble. I do have them in the final 4, however after watching K-state play, I'm like, hmm maybe not.... idk, depends how strong Cuse starts off i guess.

exciting tourney thus far... OTs, buzzer beaters, upsets....

CalamityX04

Postby pegs » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:17 pm

CalamityX04 wrote:Yeah, Cuse shouldn't be in trouble. I do have them in the final 4, however after watching K-state play, I'm like, hmm maybe not.... idk, depends how strong Cuse starts off i guess.

exciting tourney thus far... OTs, buzzer beaters, upsets....

Actually, coming from a Cuse fan, I think Cuse is actually already in trouble.

They'll need Andy Rautins not to suck and Rick Jackson to play like an all-star big man to win the first 2 games. That hasn't happened the last 2 games. I'm nervous.
pegs

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

The zone defense thus far has been stuffing opposing offenses... I think the Cuse should be in good hands.... :)

CalamityX04

Postby demens » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm

What an opening day. I love March Madness. By far the most exciting sporting event in US. I think its only 2nd to World Cup/Euro overall. Just amazing, you can't make up better stories then this.

Big East sucks so far. 1-3 and Villanova should have lost, the refs bailed them out just gifting Reynolds some of those calls.

Looks like Monroe had good #s but from what I saw he didn't impress at all. I watched it in spurts as I was trying to watch other games, but I saw him attacking off the dribble from the 3 point line. Wtf? I thought he's suppose to be a center. the 2 times i saw him do that ended in a lay-up that missed by about a foot and an offensive foul. Wasn't impressed with his help defense either. Ohio did whatever they wanted and he was either not paying attention or just out of position to help.

Nice win for St.Marys. I guess that dude Sanham is just a good college player, no nba hopes for him.

I liked how Washington played. Quincy Pondexter (wasnt there a Quincy Pointdexter?), E Turner and Isiah Thomas are a nice trio.

And in one of the better games of the night Wake Forrest comes back from 8 down IN OT and wins it!!! Aminu is gonna be a very nice pro. Has all the physical tools to be a great player. And looks bigger then he was last year. We talked about drafting everyone except this guy. Find rebounds, defends (totally shut down a top 15 prospect Demion James), hit 2 3s, hit FTs, Very strong inside. He looked like a better PF then Monroe and he's not even a PF. And then Ismael Smith with the dagger, ohh my, i was gunning for them the whole game and they pulled it out, what a finish!!! Can't wait to see Aminu go up vs Kentucky.

Sharron Collins looks like Ty Lawson.
demens

Postby Accelerate » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:40 am

Terrific day of basketball. Just exciting game after exciting game. These teams really struggle to hit game-icing free throws, huh?

Not really a college fan but I joined a friend's bracket league anyway. 12/16 on my bracket so far. Had Georgetown and Notre Dame going Sweet Sixteen, though, so that hurt.
The 2009-2010 New Jersey Nets.
Never Forget.
Accelerate

Return to College Basketball