Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Real Madrid signs Marko Jaric

Discuss former Nets and players of interest that are playing overseas.

Real Madrid signs Marko Jaric

Postby dex » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:46 am

dex

Re: Real Madrid signs Marko Jaric

Postby kobimel » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 pm

And Adriana Lima :D

Solid addition for Real if Jaric can get back in game shape. He has yet to play this season. If he gets back in shape, they'll be even MORE dangerous and definitely a front runner for the ACB and Euroleague titles.

Netted wrote:In Russia, There Are No Witnesses
kobimel

Postby dex » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:46 pm

I love European basketball, and I'm a big RM fan... I'm not too excited about this signing, but I do hope Messina can get the best out of him, he coached him in Italy...

Btw, prior to Jaric's signing, there were rumors that RM was interested in acquiring former Net Boki Nachbar... Word was RM could send forward Axel Hervelle (drafted by the Nuggets some years ago and a fan favorite whom Messina doesn't seem to like that much) and some money to Boki's Turkish team...
dex

Postby kobimel » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:07 pm

dex wrote:I love European basketball, and I'm a big RM fan... I'm not too excited about this signing, but I do hope Messina can get the best out of him, he coached him in Italy...

Btw, prior to Jaric's signing, there were rumors that RM was interested in acquiring former Net Boki Nachbar... Word was RM could send forward Axel Hervelle (drafted by the Nuggets some years ago and a fan favorite whom Messina doesn't seem to like that much) and some money to Boki's Turkish team...

That's cool that you're a fan, they have really built a great team this year. About time for them to be back at the top, I think.

And I heard that rumor as well. I hope it goes through, Nachbar on Real would be incredible. Even more offense at their disposal.

kobimel

Postby dex » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:25 am

Problem is Hervelle doesn't want to go to Turkey... anyway, it seems that chances are that if Efes can't make it to the top 16, they could let Nachbar go...

RM has been looking for an upgrade at the SF since the offseason, when they tried to sign Siskauskas, Anthony Parker and even Wally Szczerbiak, who is a Madrid native (his father, Walter, played for Real)... NY Post's Peter Vecsey said that RM were willing to offer Szczerbiak more money than the NBA teams that wanted him, but Wally doesn't want to play overseas because of his daughter.
dex

Postby kobimel » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 pm

dex wrote:Problem is Hervelle doesn't want to go to Turkey... anyway, it seems that chances are that if Efes can't make it to the top 16, they could let Nachbar go...

RM has been looking for an upgrade at the SF since the offseason, when they tried to sign Siskauskas, Anthony Parker and even Wally Szczerbiak, who is a Madrid native (his father, Walter, played for Real)... NY Post's Peter Vecsey said that RM were willing to offer Szczerbiak more money than the NBA teams that wanted him, but Wally doesn't want to play overseas because of his daughter.

Eh, I'm not sure Szczerbiak would be better for them than Nachbar at this point. He's not nearly as good as he once was anymore.

I remember Hervelle from when Belgium took on Israel a few years back. Very good player, I can see why the fans at Madrid like him. Too bad it isn't working out for him over there, he could be a huge help for a lot of Euroleague teams.

kobimel

Postby dex » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:23 am

kobimel wrote:Eh, I'm not sure Szczerbiak would be better for them than Nachbar at this point. He's not nearly as good as he once was anymore.

I think so too, Wally World looked washed up last year, I'd much rather have Boki, definitely,

As for Hervelle's situation, yeah, it's a shame, I think I read he ranks 2nd among non Spanish players in all-time games played with RM in the Spanish League, just behind Louis Bullock.
dex

Postby dex » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Jaric has averaged 13.0 points, 6.5 rebounds, 5.5 assists and 2.5 steals in his first two games as a member of RM.
dex

Postby kobimel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:53 pm

Impressive. Have you had a chance to actually watch him play on the team yet?

kobimel

Postby dex » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:31 pm

I watched the game they lost to Estudiantes. Jaric played a lot of minutes and looked good, even though he made a couple of crucial mistakes in OT (missed a free throw in the final seconds and then committed an offensive foul when they were trailing by 1 and had their last possession), but he still has it, I mean, for a guy who hadn’t played a game for so long, he was in good shape and you can see he’s a really talented and complete basketball player, he can play any perimeter position, score, rebound, defend and his playmaking ability is pretty solid.
dex

Return to International Basketball