Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Preston Shumpert is absolutely running things in Turkey.

Discuss former Nets and players of interest that are playing overseas.

Preston Shumpert is absolutely running things in Turkey.

Postby pegs » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:25 am

However, Preston Shumpert is absolutely running things in Turkey. He led Efes Pilsen to another win Saturday by scoring a team-high 22 points and adding 5 rebounds. He followed that with 19 points, 9 rebounds, and 6 assists in a win last night. He was a combined 3-6 from deep in the two games, which lowered his three-point shooting percentage on the season to just over 60%. Efes Pilsen is still in first place in the Turkish league, about halfway through the season. They also play in the Euroleague (a different competition than the Eurochallenge) and last week they faced a do-or-die situation. It was the last game of the first round, and they needed a win to advance. Shumpert came off the bench to lead the team with 21 points (4-5 from deep), and chipped in 5 rebounds and 3 steals; Efes Pilsen won and advanced to the Round of 16. Here’s Preston walking off the court in Orleans after the performance:

Efes will face Real Madrid (yeah they play basketball too) in the Euroleague next week.

http://cusecountry.com/?p=2436

I love reading up on SU players around the world.

I thought Shumpert would end up in the NBA, but it's great to see he's dominating in Euroleague - 60% from deep is nuts. Nets could use a guy like that :D
pegs

Re: Preston Shumpert is absolutely running things in Turkey.

Postby kobimel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:49 am

Efes have really disappointed this season in the Euroleague, but Shumpert has certainly been a bright spot. I'm rooting for them to make the Final Four like I predicted they would at the beginning of the season, but it'll be really tough for them to get out of a group with Real Madrid, Sienna (first in Italy) and Maccabi (first in Israel). As I said, they have my support (especially against Maccabi). Hopefully Shumpert will put on a show in the next few games.

Netted wrote:In Russia, There Are No Witnesses
kobimel

Re: Preston Shumpert is absolutely running things in Turkey.

Postby Kid Chocolate » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm

And remember the Turkish league is notorious for inflated stats and no defense.
Imagegfx by gmj

WRG? Blogging the NBA draft in a slightly different way.
Kid Chocolate
Site Admin

Return to International Basketball