Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Without a new Front Office, the Nets will continue to suck

Nets-related discussion.

Re: Without a new Front Office, the Nets will continue to suck

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Cpaw, I always see you saying Rod made the wrong signings, and we should have signed a shooter and VC should have been traded, etc., but when people say, "Well who should have Rod signed?" and "Who should he have traded VC for specifically?", you just avoid the question.
So who were these specific players he should have targeted?
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby Netted » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:33 pm

The Cpaw comments that pushed me over the edge on Thorn are the ones about finding undrafted or D-league players and hiring Stefanski and Kiki.

Gotta admit those two flaws are pretty damaging since other teams have mined some form of talent from there and those two guys are horrible.
Netted

Postby cpawfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Eduardo's Empanada wrote:Cpaw, I always see you saying Rod made the wrong signings, and we should have signed a shooter and VC should have been traded, etc., but when people say, "Well who should have Rod signed?" and "Who should he have traded VC for specifically?", you just avoid the question.
So who were these specific players he should have targeted?

As I have said before, I have thousands of posts at bbb/bbf that cover all of this. There was even a giant thread about trading Vince that SeaNet started (boy was that fun to moderate)
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby killa kadafi191 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:03 pm

totally agree with this thread. rod and kiki are a joke.

how many times they have to say the man who drafted MJ please get over it.
killa kadafi191

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:06 pm

cpawfan wrote:As I have said before, I have thousands of posts at bbb/bbf that cover all of this. There was even a giant thread about trading Vince that SeaNet started (boy was that fun to moderate)

I don't know what bbb and bbf are, so how bout you humor me and waste one more of those thousands of posts and tell me some specific examples.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby mb4th » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:27 pm

The Nets really cant suck next year.

What is Rod going to draft Antoine Wright again and sign Ron Mercer?

We know the FA list, we know the top 4-5 prospects. There will be some trades, he has a real owner, he will be fine.
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby blkswizz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

As dissapointed as we fans may be, our frustration should be directed to one person and one person alone Bruce Ratner. Rod Thorn and I hate to say it even Kiki are only following Ratners demand to cut costs. The front office can't publically be critical of the owner because the organization will look completely dysfunctional. We as fans are disappointed with the team, Thorn and Kiki have the hard part, keep the interal frustrations e.g players mouthing off in house and maintaining their sanity until the sale is complete.

About the draft picks, who knows how guys will pan out? Joe Dumars drafted Darko with 3 allstars/ HOF on the board, the Bobcats taking DJ Augustine with Brook Lopez available, the Clippers passing on Amare for Chris Wilcox let me not add the Oden and Durant and off course the 1984 draft Sam Bowie with his Airness on the board.
blkswizz

Postby GrandKenyon6 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I just don't see how that is an excuse for being the worst team ever. Other teams have handicaps too.
GrandKenyon6

Postby kk30 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

kk30

Postby cpawfan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm

NI is pro-Thorn and I disagree with a lot of his conclusions
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby mb4th » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 pm

GrandKenyon6 wrote:I just don't see how that is an excuse for being the worst team ever. Other teams have handicaps too.

lol

We cut costs this year. Thorn was told to try and dump VC and picks for Raef Lafrenz. I wouldnt be shocked if they discussed selling the draft pick

All he had to improve was the #1 draft pick, thats it. Nothing else to improve the team. Not even Warrick on a 1 yr deal

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby gigantes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:23 am

cpawfan wrote:NI is pro-Thorn and I disagree with a lot of his conclusions

what are the links to your articles tracking rod thorn's history as nets executive / GM?
gigantes

Postby fiElDy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:17 am

cpawfan wrote:Other teams found useful players in the D League or signed undrafted free agents that panned out. For a team on a budget, those are two huge failings. The players Rod took a chance on all sucked. That isn't luck.

Even Warriors GM has done much better job with that. :D Make that old goat go away already. There is dozens of good basketball players in Europe who can play hard and score some baskets. Player like Morrow would look good in Nets but Thron doesn't give a fcuk. That man is too old to be traveling and evaluating talent. Does our new GM have to be from the basketball world? I want somebody who is intelligent, has got a clue how to make stuff happen, good with people and who isn't old and farty. Prokhorovs bottomless resources should give him people who can help with basketball decisions. I want somebody who is not GO NETS!!! his pants when trying to make our beloved team better. :D

How can you be so bad at your job that when your team goes to back-to-back finals, there aren't any people watching. I blame Tron for reversible jerseys and fans of the away-team filling the arena. Finding people who can play with Kidd, Kenyon & RJ was THAT hard? Why would you want to give that FO anymore chances?!
fiElDy

Postby cpawfan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:30 am

gigantes wrote:what are the links to your articles tracking rod thorn's history as nets executive / GM?

Why does it matter if they are articles or 1000's upon 1000's of forum posts? It isn't some news flash that I'm calling for Thorn's head. I've been pointing out his incompetence for years.

nj.com/nets if they actually kept history
bbb/bbf
s2
here

I don't hide from my posting history and there are plenty here that have been posting with me for years.
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby gigantes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 am

cpawfan wrote:Why does it matter if they are articles or 1000's upon 1000's of forum posts?

readability, for one.

i mean, i have thousands of earnest webforum and BBS posts to my credit as well, but i'd trade them all for a warm bag of dog excrement right about now.

raise your bag of dog excrement in the air if you even know what "BBS" means. exactly.

anyway, now's your big chance to tie your theories into a single comprehensible article and add it to the netsdaily blog section. a chance to rebut NI in a venue that matters, if you will...
gigantes

Postby cpawfan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 am

gigantes wrote:raise your bag of dog excrement in the air if you even know what "BBS" means. exactly.

I've read and posted on usenet from VAX terminals. BBS is nothing
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby cpawfan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 am

gigantes wrote:readability, for one.

anyway, now's your big chance to tie your theories into a single comprehensible article and add it to the netsdaily blog section. a chance to rebut NI in a venue that matters, if you will...

Readability???? I think the poll asking people to predict if Jeff McInnis would be on the Nets playoff roster prior to the start of his first season is very readable. http://www.basketballforum.com/new-jers ... oster.html

This forum matters plenty. I don't see nor feel the need to be verbose for the sake of formality.
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby fiElDy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:34 am

cpawfan wrote:
Readability???? I think the poll asking people to predict if Jeff McInnis would be on the Nets playoff roster prior to the start of his first season is very readable. http://www.basketballforum.com/new-jers ... oster.html

This forum matters plenty. I don't see nor feel the need to be verbose for the sake of formality.

It feels good to be on the "No" side :D http://www.basketballforum.com/new-jers ... 963-a.html
fiElDy

Postby mb4th » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 am

Meh. Didnt you and Ghoti hate Brook Lopez? Ill take Brook over Granger or 2006 Stromile Swift

mb4th

Postby PhilNYC » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:11 am

blkswizz wrote:As dissapointed as we fans may be, our frustration should be directed to one person and one person alone Bruce Ratner. Rod Thorn and I hate to say it even Kiki are only following Ratners demand to cut costs. The front office can't publically be critical of the owner because the organization will look completely dysfunctional. We as fans are disappointed with the team, Thorn and Kiki have the hard part, keep the interal frustrations e.g players mouthing off in house and maintaining their sanity until the sale is complete.

Absolutely correct.
PhilNYC

PreviousNext

Return to Nets