Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 am

Come on, lets resurrect this guy!!!!

who's with me!!!
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Re: Bring back this forum

Postby Drew » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:05 pm

Seriously, where did everyone go? You'd think the Nets offseason moves would have provoked more people to stop by.
Drew

Postby CalamityX04 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 pm

I think many are also into the comments section for posting.

My problem with that is that its hard to follow(for me) as well as it freezes up my computer once that bad boy goes over a 1000 in comments.... not worth it.

What do you think of the moves Drew?

CalamityX04

Postby ghoti » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:13 pm

I prefer this format and would be happy to actively moderate this forum if you can somehow get people to post here.

Right now, it's lousy with spam. I tried to kill it all, but I lost that battle. :(
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby Drew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:03 pm

CalamityX04 wrote:I think many are also into the comments section for posting.

My problem with that is that its hard to follow(for me) as well as it freezes up my computer once that bad boy goes over a 1000 in comments.... not worth it.

What do you think of the moves Drew?

Agreed on both. My work computer freezes well before it hits 1000 comments. It's probably closer to 100 then 1000. I'm sure some people like that format more than this one, but I prefer this one ten times out of ten.
As fas as the moves the Nets made, I like them for the most part. They overpaid for Brook but it was necessary. I would have prefered someone other than Toko or Stack as a backup at the three, but I realize they couldn't fill every spot. I still think they signed one too many power forwards and were one short as far as signing centers. They have made it a lot harder to to make a big trade now, but it certainly isn't out of the question. Are they in Miami territory? NO. Are they close to OKC? Nope. But they will be competitive with just about every other team going forward. My guess is they are somewhere between a 3 seed and a 6 seed in the East and we can see some relevant Nets basketball for the first time in a little while. Did you like their moves?
Drew

Postby CalamityX04 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:24 am

Yes it has been spamful....

but yeah, i can't do those comments, i have little patience nowadays and seeing my comp freeze for no reason irks me lol.

Lopez needed to get done. I hate the Orl MGT no matter who's in there, such a waste and killed my productivity at work lol... Dwight wasn't happening so Lopez(who is still good and now has weapons around him) was needed. Lopez is still a top offensive C in the game IMO and I hope he can showcase it with Dwill at the helm. This ofcourse is quite possible if he has improved his health, increase mass/bulk and raise his strength on the court.

I understand the backup 3, with Delfino out there still, I would've like that. But we're strapped for cash in all honesty. Toko is someone i'll be rooting hard, i really want to see him improve at the NBA level. He could be a Ginobli like player after a few seasons once he gets adjusted & learns nba ball handling.

I'm worried about the bench but more so with backup C. I don't care if its a project, get a legit 7 footer out there. Jerome Jordan? someone to give me a peace of mind.

But we have an expensive starting 5 with the moniker/nickname of the Core 4. We'll have to see what it translates but I'm excited to FINALLY HAVE JJ as a NET(price is killing me but whatevz at this point), Dwill and JJ should prove to be fantastic for us and a nightmare for opposing teams. Gwall/Crash can play his game and make those game changing plays on either side of the ball. Hump will need to do th hump and rebound like a jackrabbit. Then Lopez of course, his play will really dictate where this team goes.

Lack of outside shooting is a concern for me, but we'll see. Lack of athleticism could hurt our defense but again we'll see.

There's pros but also cons....

CalamityX04

Postby Drew » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:10 pm

Both of us failed to mention the move that will end up helping the most- They got rid of Petro! I actually disliked his game more than Outlaw when they were both here.
Drew

Postby CalamityX04 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:09 am

Petro is gone. For sure! Go Nets! Petro part of a pkg to bring JJ... win!

but we still need a backup C. Idk why Shelden hasn't been offered to come back, despite his fumbles, he was pretty steady IMO for what his role had asked of him. Plus he stayed healthy nearly all season til he got hit in the eye.

We need a backup big!!! come on!

CalamityX04

Postby Drew » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 am

It's too bad they had to give up Jordan Williams in the JJ trade. He would have been allright as a backup to Brook given the depth at other positions. Nazr would have been a nice backup as well, and they came damn close to getting him too. Hopefully they can tread water for a while and pick up a big from a non playoff team on the cheap sometime during the season. It doesn't sound like they want any part of Darko, apparently.
Drew

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I don't think Darko is coming over... that's how weak we are at backup C. We're "wanting" for Darko.... o lordy lord.

Why didn't we just traded for Robin Lopez or something, he went out on the cheap.

I also blame Camby, that guy should've signed with us! or traded to us.

CalamityX04

Postby Drew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:27 pm

I would have loved to have seen cpaw's reaction if the Nets ever signed Marcus Camby.

Robin Lopez would have been a nice pickup, but I never really thought of him as an option. But you're right, they didn't get much for him in the deal. That's where Brook needed to start earning his contract- get his brother to agree to come here. It would be funny to have one Lopez twin playing center on the Nets on a max deal and another Lopez twin playing center on the Nets for the league minimum.

No one really jumps out as me as far as trade targets. I was going to suggest bringing back Diop, but DAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMNNNNNN he makes a lot of money. Maybe a guy like Ekpe Udoh from the Bucks if Henson and Dalembert both play well?
Drew

Postby CalamityX04 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah Diop would've been real good but like you said, DAMMMMMMM he making the money!.

Isn't Udoh more of a PF though? We need centers... I would take Jerome Jordan, an unproven 2nd year JUST BCUZ he 7 ft tall and has shot blocking potential.

Is Dampier a FA? maybe him?

CalamityX04

Postby Drew » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Udoh is more of a power forward but can play the center position, especially against bench guys. He's more of a center than any of the bigs (other than Lopez, of course) the Nets have now.
Looks like Damp is still a free agent. He would be a nice pickup.
The new rumor now is Najera might come back to the Nets. I don't dislike it as much as everyone on the front page does, but it better be for the vet's minimum this time and not anything like the last contract the Nets handed him.
Drew

Postby Joey FistPump » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:39 pm

I'd be pumped to see the forum make a comeback. The forum is what brought me to netsdaily in the first place. I still remember the strong board we had on basketball boards and what it was like when we first transitioned over here...it was a haven for nets fans. Hopefully now that the Melo Drama, D-Will free agency and Dwightmare are over we can start having some fun again. Lets start proposing some ridiculous trades and make some outlandish claims I'm ready!
Joey FistPump

Postby Drew » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:19 pm

Cue the "We need Lamarcus Aldridge" thread!
Drew

Postby Joey FistPump » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:53 pm

I have actually been thinking about Lamarcus Aldridge as a potential target, however if that were to happen I think it would be at the trade deadline in 2013-2014. At that point he's 28 years old and if there out of it then it's worth trading him.

I dont think this season is likely.

I'd gladly give up Hump, Bogs and 3 first rounders for Aldridge.
Joey FistPump

Postby CalamityX04 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Still nothing on Howard signing an extension with LAL. Probably a Dwill situation for LA, I'm sure in the end, they'll re-sign him.

Our Euros are playing quite well, or perhaps its been solid coverage by NI. Teletovic, Toko and Bogs are quite the scorers(with Toko still learning the game but much more aggressive than the others). All we need is another freakin C lol... just resign Shelden and gimme a pause from concern. Jerome Jordan would do as well, I'm not a fan of Foote from our summer league team though, real slow out there.

CalamityX04

Postby grandmazter3 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Having the Nets forum active again would be great. The only thing to really do it though would be a hot start by the Nets. Kind of to do it in the off-season, you know, now that all the intrigue is gone.
Community is the new Scrubs, watch it people.
grandmazter3

Postby ghoti » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:58 pm

grandmazter3 wrote:Having the Nets forum active again would be great. The only thing to really do it though would be a hot start by the Nets. Kind of to do it in the off-season, you know, now that all the intrigue is gone.

Sadly, I think that would only mean more posts on the front page.

Either people don't know this is here or just prefer to post in that format.

Right now, though, this place is overrun by spam and it's too much for me to clean up myself.
Image gfx by gmj

ghoti
Global Mod

Postby ghoti » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 pm

OK! We got a little help and the spam is all cleaned up. If you like this format (like I do) you have a place to post again!
Image gfx by gmj

ghoti
Global Mod

Next

Return to Nets