Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Rotation and Roles

Nets-related discussion.

Re: Rotation and Roles

Postby CalamityX04 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:41 am

I hope Mirza gets his fair chance but at same time we are "quality deep" in our bench.

Avery is still figuring/tweaking rotations until he sees something that works.

I would like to see Mirza get in more with Dwill and Lopez... see how well he can stretch the floor for those two.
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby canofan42 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

CalamityX04 wrote:I hope Mirza gets his fair chance but at same time we are "quality deep" in our bench.

Avery is still figuring/tweaking rotations until he sees something that works.

I would like to see Mirza get in more with Dwill and Lopez... see how well he can stretch the floor for those two.

Agreed, I think Mirza should be given more of a chance to be part of the rotation and I hope Avery gives him that opportunity. I also really hope that Avery will utilize him as more than just a spot-up 3-point shooter, because we've seen that he does have a very good skillset. He can create, come off screens, etc. No reason why he should only be used as a spot-up shooter.
canofan42

Postby njnets24515 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:50 am

WHY IS AVERY PLAYING STACKHOUSE 15+ MINS A GAME!!!!!!! STACKHOUSE IS PLAYING OVER MARSHON AND MIRZA!!!!!!! STACKHOUSE IS OLD AND WAY PAST HIS PRIME HE IS A NON FACTOR ON THE COURT!!!! WHY DOESNT AVERY SEE AND REALIZE THAT MIRZA AND MARSHON ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN STACKHOUSE AND WILL CONTRIBUTE MORE. NETS CAN BE DANGEROUS IF WE INCORPORATE MIRZA AND MARSHON IN THE ROTATION!!!
njnets24515

Postby canofan42 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:11 am

njnets24515 wrote:WHY IS AVERY PLAYING STACKHOUSE 15+ MINS A GAME!!!!!!! STACKHOUSE IS PLAYING OVER MARSHON AND MIRZA!!!!!!! STACKHOUSE IS OLD AND WAY PAST HIS PRIME HE IS A NON FACTOR ON THE COURT!!!! WHY DOESNT AVERY SEE AND REALIZE THAT MIRZA AND MARSHON ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN STACKHOUSE AND WILL CONTRIBUTE MORE. NETS CAN BE DANGEROUS IF WE INCORPORATE MIRZA AND MARSHON IN THE ROTATION!!!

Still feel this way now?
canofan42

Postby ghoti » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:42 am

STILL FEEL THIS WAY NOW?!!!!!!
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Just wanted to drop by and say GO NETS!!!! Great win last night, I was PUMPED.

Shout out to the regulars
13-69, easily.

-Mr. Dollar Bills prediction back in June, as seen in the "What do you think the nets record will be" Thread. 10 wins and you can call me Nostradamous. I also read palms and predict lottery numbers.
MrDollarBills

Postby cpawfan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:23 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Just wanted to drop by and say GO NETS!!!! Great win last night, I was PUMPED.

Shout out to the regulars

The team has certainly exceeded my expectations.
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby CalamityX04 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:46 am

cpawfan wrote:
The team has certainly exceeded my expectations.

Yet I feel this Nets teams have not played or demonstrated their best game yet. Which is fine at this point in the season(early) but its exciting and amazing to know they could be so much better and we're starting to see the team play and the individual talent brighten up.

Go Brooklyn Nets!!!

CalamityX04

Postby YehYeh » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:03 am

We've been amazing! The big men are doing for us. Who would've thought so?
YehYeh

Postby CalamityX04 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:33 am

Avery needs to be fired or improve his minutes distribution.... Why the heffer can't Marshon see the floor?

CalamityX04

Postby grandmazter3 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

CalamityX04 wrote:Avery needs to be fired or improve his minutes distribution.... Why the heffer can't Marshon see the floor?

Imagine if Gerald Green would have signed, people would have been GO NETS!!! about him not getting minutes too.

As long as the team is winning MarShon's development should take a back seat, we have no idea when Stackhouse will come back down to earth. Ride the hot hand.
Community is the new Scrubs, watch it people.
grandmazter3

Postby CalamityX04 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am

grandmazter3 wrote:Imagine if Gerald Green would have signed, people would have been GO NETS!!! about him not getting minutes too.

As long as the team is winning MarShon's development should take a back seat, we have no idea when Stackhouse will come back down to earth. Ride the hot hand.

What gets me, is that in the stretches where our scoring is empty and obvious fatigue is setting in the likes of Dwill, JJ and Crash, why would it hurt to put Marshon in?

Jerry is hitting his shots and thats a huge plus but at his he can't keep playing at a high level, we'll need that high level down the road. Why couldn't Marshon go in and get his game going? Avery likes to stick with the older vets rather than the younger players and we've seen this when he has the roster for it.

You could develope more in football by standing on the sidelines than sitting on the bench for Bball... IMO. Marshon needs to get his confidence up and I don't think Avery is doing him justice.

It's not like Bogans is playing out of his mind either, he has good and bad moments, why can't Marshon get in there?

And Teletovic too!!!! wtf, try and ease him in, even if its the last 2-3 mins of the first half, get him working!

I fear Toko should be elsewhere, i like his potential and hate to see it wasted in street clothes.

CalamityX04

Postby ghoti » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:44 pm

ghoti wrote:This is why I think there's a spot for Toko if he can prove he can stay with some of these finesse PF or bigger SF. If Wallace is on the other team's best scorer (in this case, LeBron), they need someone to guard that type of guy.

From what I saw in the summer league, he can cause problems and disrupt things and he's very strong.

Six months later...
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Nets