Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Brooklyn Brigade

Nets-related discussion.

Brooklyn Brigade

Postby GothamGooner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:45 am

IMO, this forum can serve as a useful alternative to the comment sections of articles on the main NetsDaily page for MANY reasons so I'd try something new and set up this forum thread as a "permanent" home for discussions related to 'Brooklyn Brigade' -- the newly rechristened Brooklyn edition of 'Loud & Proud' (thanks for the suggestion, J-Sal!) as well as the Nets in general.

Despite a continuing streak of tough losses (Lakers, Grizzlies, Hawks, and Bulls), I've still had a great time at the games cheering, chanting, and talking with my fellow ... Brigadiers? ... and even more fun afterwards communing (and commiserating) over an adult beverage or two at 4th Avenue Pub. So, I thought, why not try to keep that going here for non-Brigade days?

To start off, at 4th Avenue Pub last night after the game, someone tossed out the idea of having a group viewing party for at least one game during the playoffs. I thought that was a great idea -- is there any interest? If so, where should it be? I was thinking Manhattan would be relatively central for everyone and I already have a location in mind but I'm interested in any other suggestions out there ... so, what do you think?
GothamGooner

Re: Brooklyn Brigade

Postby octoberGR8NESS » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:37 am

Would you guys be down to meet up at Barclays Center if the Nets have those arena viewing parties when the team is on the road in the playoffs?

It would be especially awesome if it's free admission/low price since we could have a massive NetsDaily turnout and maybe establish our own section.
[url]twitter.com/octoberGR8NESS[/url]
[url]youtube.com/TheBronxBrooklyn[/url]
http://www.sbnation.com/users/octoberGR8NESS
octoberGR8NESS

Postby JohnFromLongIsland » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey guys! I like the "Brooklyn Brigade" name! And I'd definitely be interested in going to a viewing party... I wouldn't be able to make all of them, I got a big promotional test for work coming up so I've been busy with that, but I'd try for as many as possible. Manhattan is probably the best bet. Being near the arena would be nice, but there aren't many (if any) bars around that area that would cater to that type of event. I love the 4th ave pub, but all they have are like 3 19" TV's from the 90's. A bar in Manhattan around midtown would probably be best. So if it's Chicago or Atlanta.... Who would you rather face? My vote's for Atlanta... To me, our coaching is our weakest point, and Thibs scares me more than Atlanta's players do.
JohnFromLongIsland

Postby KingOfDenial » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 am

I think a viewing party is a great idea, and I'd definitely be down. Manhattan makes perfect sense, as it's a middle ground from those in Long Island and New Jersey.

I'd rather face Atlanta personally. Having been a long time Nets fan, I remember how hard it was to "run" in the playoffs back in the Kidd days. I thin we'd be able to contain the speed of Atlanta. The defense of Chicago though would give us problems. Plus, the season series is 2-2 vs. 3-1.
KingOfDenial

Postby pip2332nets » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:12 am

The viewing party is a super cool Idea and I think that Manhattan is great for those of us that are coming from Jersey. Now that we know its going to be Chicago, I think that this will bring more energy to the games. I personally feel that if Dwill is playing the way he has played the last couple of weeks, We will win this serie. We have the best player on the series. and we can play on the road as well. I am super excited for the playoffs and look forward to our run. Brooklyn Brigade is a really cool name. We need to develop this identity as a team. I think that creating a logo and t-shirts will also help us in creating that identity for the group.. Just putting it out there in case we want to take this to the next level :) Go Nets
pip2332nets

Postby raylee13 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:29 pm

Sweet, my username is finally valid.
That would be awesome if the Barclays center had a viewing.
Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow!
raylee13

So pumped for tonight!

Postby polayn_jap » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:09 am

My jersey is ready, my posters are ready, my voice is ready, and I know our Brooklyn Nets is ready! Can't wait to see you all tonight and Jon and I are really hoping for a W! Let's go Nets!
polayn_jap

Postby n1K » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:51 am

Hey everyone, account's been activated, nice.. Testing it out.

And I def vote for viewing parties (with midtown or somewhere else in city as a central location being the best bet.)
n1K

Postby trippy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

finally user name is VALID!!!!! ok so wheres the viewing party gonna be? any recommends? Im in Jersey so let me know
trippy

Postby KingOfDenial » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Ok well first, let's see how many people are available for a viewing party in Manhattan this Saturday. We'll choose the location once we know a decent amount of people are interested.

I'm down myself, so that's 1. Where's 2 at?
KingOfDenial

Return to Nets