Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Bring back this forum

Nets-related discussion.

Re: Bring back this forum

Postby canofan42 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:13 pm

It's definitely been a long time so I've posted here, but it's good to be back! We had some great discussions here, hopefully we can get them back to as active as they used to be.
canofan42

Postby CalamityX04 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:51 am

We're bringing it back WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Postby fanetics » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Ok, peeps need to be proactive to bring this back. :)
fanetics

Postby rj2496 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Glad to see some activity here
OUR SAVIOR IS HERE!
rj2496

Postby furnace » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

I agree, I prefer this forum application vs. the blog response format. This is much more organized. Scrolling through literally thousands of weirdly indented posts that have nothing to do with the topic at the top is quite inefficient and annoying.

Since there is no regulation and monitoring of posts other than deleting for site policy infractions, each new news item turns into the same hot topic of discussion regardless of whatever the news item itself is about.

This is all because commenting on the topic is easier and faster than logging into another application. Ideally, SBNation would allow NetsDaily to turn off comments on the news posts and put a link to this forum for discussion.
In response to a fan's question, Kidd said: "Alot of times, Vince takes...I don't want to call them bad shots...but he takes alot of tough shots..." [Nets Town Hall, June 25th, 2007]
furnace

Postby Dumpy » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:11 pm

I've been reminded (by Ghoti) that the forum use fell apart during the player's strike, and was never really revived. I'm going to make a point to start spending more time here, so hopefully we can start having some robust discussions. Like most of you, I believe that there are some topics and some discussions that are better suited to this format. Hopefully, we can get this place rockin' again.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. --Albert Einstein
Dumpy

Postby grandmazter3 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:01 pm

The main page, love the new look by the way, added a section that leads straight to the forum. If it was a bit higher up it would be better, but it will get attention regardless.
Community is the new Scrubs, watch it people.
grandmazter3

Postby canofan42 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:56 pm

The new look on the main page is a little confusing for me, especially finding which posts came in what order, but I'll eventually get used to it. At least these forums are still the same.
canofan42

Postby ghoti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:19 pm

grandmazter3 wrote:The main page, love the new look by the way, added a section that leads straight to the forum. If it was a bit higher up it would be better, but it will get attention regardless.

I think it's VERY high up.

Look at where Fanshots are!
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby ghoti » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:20 pm

BTW, SB Nation knows about the problems with this forum running slow, requiring constant logins and having the wrong color scheme.

Unfortunately, they have a lot on their plate so it might be a while before it's fixed.
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby Universe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Great news.

"The ones that make it complicated never get congratulated." - Kid Cudi
Universe

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:43 am

Say yo baby, yo baby, yo!

Eduardo's Empanada

Postby furnace » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:21 am

Dumpy wrote:I've been reminded (by Ghoti) that the forum use fell apart during the player's strike, and was never really revived. I'm going to make a point to start spending more time here, so hopefully we can start having some robust discussions. Like most of you, I believe that there are some topics and some discussions that are better suited to this format. Hopefully, we can get this place rockin' again.

In some of the above posts, people were referring to slowness of this board, as well as spam. I see neither of those things.

Can you catch me up on what's been going on?

Thanks.
In response to a fan's question, Kidd said: "Alot of times, Vince takes...I don't want to call them bad shots...but he takes alot of tough shots..." [Nets Town Hall, June 25th, 2007]
furnace

Postby canofan42 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:27 pm

furnace wrote:

In some of the above posts, people were referring to slowness of this board, as well as spam. I see neither of those things.

Can you catch me up on what's been going on?

Thanks.

Prior to the forums being cleaned up, there were literally pages of spam threads in each section; it was insane.

In terms of the slowness, the boards take a while to load when you try to quote someone–at least for me they do.
canofan42

Postby furnace » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

canofan42 wrote:
Prior to the forums being cleaned up, there were literally pages of spam threads in each section; it was insane.

In terms of the slowness, the boards take a while to load when you try to quote someone–at least for me they do.

Thanks for the update. It's not slow for me.

We have to figure out a way to get everyone posting here again...
furnace

Postby furnace » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:33 pm

Hey admins...

Now that the new SBNation format has settled in etc, is there anyway to turn of commenting on the news items, and force people to make their comments here?
furnace

Postby canofan42 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:21 pm

hahaha I'm sure that would go down real well...
canofan42

Postby cpawfan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:11 am

Forum software is not a key part of the SB Nation platform. NetsDaily has a forum as an extra service to our fans who prefer this format.
cpawfan
Site Admin

Postby mb4th » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 am

I was turned off by not being able to post on the comments section and not getting an answer
"First I got to get big like Dwight Howard, Im gonna do that"

"We also have Anthony Morrow he’s one of the best for three-point throws. It’s very important for our team. "
mb4th

Postby Dumpy » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:18 am

We just have to focus on using the forum for things that it is designed for, the things that it is far superior at than writing comments on articles: long-term, in depth discussions that can last weeks or months.

And haikus.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. --Albert Einstein
Dumpy

PreviousNext

Return to Nets