Sports blogs for fans, by fans.

Expectations for this team.

Nets-related discussion.

Re: Expectations for this team.

Postby Drew » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Eduardo's Empanada wrote:If reasonably healthy and by that I mean no major injuries and no one missing more then 15 games and no rash of injuries where Hump and JJ are the only starters playing for a stretch of 14 games, I would be extremely disappointed with anything lower then the 5 seed and anything short of the 2nd round.

I'm expecting 50+ wins and a team with upside to take the 2 seed, able to compete with anyone in conference outside of Miami, although Boston would probably still be the team I would call 2nd most dangerous in the playoffs, not us.

This team is built for a ton of regular season wins and solid playoff success.

Still not a contender at all though, so as is, dreams of this team competing with Miami are of the pipe variety, clogged nature.

This.
My main concern is what will Billy King do this season. If they are the third or fourth seed when it's getting close to the trade deadline, will he make a trade to improve the team? Or will just making the playoffs be good enough for them?
Drew

Postby Eduardo's Empanada » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:09 pm

I think it's all about what's available to him and what he's hearing for the offseason.

We don't have a ton of assets as is, we need to make a ripoff deal or a deal for a disgruntled guy close to free agency or who costs a lot of money and is preventing the other team from properly tanking, who also requested us as one of his destinations.

That we have assets for.
Eduardo's Empanada

Postby FOMW » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Just wanted to wish the Nets and their fans a good and successful season in their new home. Haven't been to these boards in years, the VC days, and much has happened in life in the interim to limit the time and passion I have for watching basketball. But I recall my often "vigorous" discussions here fondly and am glad to see a lot of familiar names still supporting the team. I hope your patience and loyalty are rewarded!
FOMW

Postby ghoti » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm

If only we could get this forum to be like that old one was. Oh, well.

Well, maybe when the games start things will get better.

Anyway, I know one person who enjoyed the Mavs-Lakers game the other night!
Image gfx by gmj
ghoti's 2012-13 Opening Night Starting Five - HELLO BROOKLYN!

Dream RUINED! Thanks for #$%@! NOTHING, Billy King!

http://twitter.com/ghoti00
ghoti
Global Mod

Postby CalamityX04 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:34 pm

This forum will get better soon! trust! once that first game is played...

BAMMMMMMMMMM

Basketball is back. If the Nets lose, my ranting will commence! lol
WE are Nobody Expects To Succeed

2011 NDF Bracket Champion
CalamityX04

Previous

Return to Nets